When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Would an AD be able to get Skyland dials?

yodap

Would you need a gen dial for your skyland?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would you need a gen dial for your skyland?

• Black
    • Grey
    • Blue
    • No thanks

My question is, that if an AD (or some guy in the servicing center) would be able to get skyland dials if he REALLY wanted to. I talked them on the phone and they said they have to send the old dial back to breitling (which would be a replica in this case). But, if they could order them without sending the old dial back, I could make my father convince them He's really good at it...

Unfortunately the next AD is two and half hours from me, but next time we will try... It'd be better if you'd say how many dials would be needed, purchasing more dials might help the deal come together!

Please write your opinions and what dial you'd need! I hope this will happen!

Greetz.

DVS posted this at repgeek:

"Only if they have an, by Breitling authorized, watchsmith."

The closest AD to me has an offical breit service inside, so if that's true, we might see some skyland dials! But I unfortunately can't promise when I'll get to the AD, as it's 2,5 hrs away from me by car... Maybe at the weekend, but not sure.

Greetz.

Edited by yodap

DVS posted this at repgeek:

"Only if they have an, by Breitling authorized, watchsmith."

The closest AD to me has an offical breit service inside, so if that's true, we might see some skyland dials! But I unfortunately can't promise when I'll get to the AD, as it's 2,5 hrs away from me by car... Maybe at the weekend, but not sure.

Greetz.

Don't take this the wrong way, but as much I recognise your enthusiasm, you have a lot to learn about how ADs and SCs operate. Suggest you don't waste your time or petrol.

My father often goes to the capital city, so it's no fuel wasting. If they CAN order them, they WILL. If it's impossible without owning a gen and sending back it's old dial, they won't. That was the question I've asked in my first post, if it's possible or impossible.

This is be the AD I'll be going to.

"Our Repair center has the exclusive rights to maintain watches of the following brands: Cartier, IWC, Panerai, Tag Heuer, Frederique Constant, Mont Blanc, Fortis. We are also duly and officially entitled to perform the maintenance of Breitling watches."

They would need all the details of the watch that they were working on to be able to order parts from the factory. It is the same with pretty much everything these days, I have worked in IT for over 10 years and I know for a fact that I wouldn't be allowed to even touch a service call without all the relevant details and certainly wouldn't be able to process it without the old parts and the serial numbers of both out going and incoming parts. Pretty much every service industry is the same these days, it is way too expensive to send parts out without knowing that you are going to get parts back in that you can either fix or charge for!

I don't think this is going to be a winner for you bud, but good luck to you none the less!! If it works then you have a wee goldmine in your hands I would imagine!

Sixx :bones:

Thanks for your good wishes, I might visit them this weekend, but I've got the flu, hope I'll be okay tomorrow. I check eBay everyday, but no luck... The AS isn't a very popular model of Breit.

BTW why is it a problem that I've posted the link to the AD's website?

Greetz.

No freakin' way! Full stop!

Your best bet would be the 'diamondcastle' on ebay once (and if) he ever gets them from the Breit service centres he's dealing with. But be warned, most of his dials come with imperfections, some easily noticeable by the naked eye some not.

Stop wasting your time, have a beer and forget about it.

;-)

• 1 year later...

Very unlikely going to happen. Breitling, Rolex. Omega, and all the other big Swiss watch brands are starting to really crack down, even more, on the availability of service parts. :thumbdown: Right now several of the manufactures require the Service Centers to return the replaced/worn parts from the watches they serviced.

My good friend that owns a certified Rolex Service center just received a invoice from Rolex last week for all the parts he has ordered from them in the last year that have been unused. Standard service items, like crowns, stems, gaskets etc that he keeps on hand, need to be accounted for and reported back to Rolex. Every time he replaces a part the replaced part goes back to Rolex. Rolex will no longer send bracelet links, dials, crystals or movements out to service centers. If it needs to be replaced, it need to be shipped to them.

Give it a little more time, and the Gen dials that are avialable now for the Avengers will be gone for good.

Strange... I don't think Skyland rep needs a gen dial that desperately. If you have a good example the lume dot problem is almost impossible to see with a naked eye. Not a big issue, at least not for me.

Steelfish "guilloche" (spell?) is what makes a huge difference. Skyland dial isn't that exciting, really.

Strange... I don't think Skyland rep needs a gen dial that desperately. If you have a good example the lume dot problem is almost impossible to see with a naked eye. Not a big issue, at least not for me.

Steelfish "guilloche" (spell?) is what makes a huge difference. Skyland dial isn't that exciting, really.

+1 Im not a Skyland expert but I think I know a well replicated dial when I see one. Yes I know It's not perfect but pretty dam close. If It were me I would forget about It and have a beer, [censored] have several beers with a few chasers for good measure :drinks: Mike

My problem is with those damned lume dots. When I ordered the watch I ordered a spare dial hoping that at least one is more accurate, but no succes I'm afraid.

So I had the dial lumed and the dots placed properly, but I'm still not happy with the result:

4630969899_c6c74057a4_o.jpg

You're probably right and I should chill, I was just thinking that a gen dial would really make the difference.

Cheers,

Catalin

Yodap mate, don't get your hopes too high. For dial replacement the watch would almost certainly have to be sent to Breilting, even if the AD can get it installed and sent off from Breitling, Breitling will always request the old dial back exactly for it not to end up in replicas.

Even your father for as much persuasion power he can have will surelly have a very hard time getting old of one.

If it bothers you too much, just get a gen, they aren't that expensive.

This would be a dream come true for sure! But as everyone has said - its a dream unless youre extremely lucky its virtually impossible. Dont know why there are gen SA dials floating around either (but hey who am I to complain). :thumbsupsmileyanim: