When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Incoming IWC Portuguese chronograph

yellomen

Hi guys,

I have been in love this the IWC Portuguese chrono since the first time i saw one, but the movement and small dial errors always held me back. A few months back i bought one of the new IWC Portuguese chronograpg with so-called new movement. But this movement also was a disaster... but no worries as Domenico can do a graphite treatment... not the dial was the only problem. Than i was offered an OEM dial + hands... so this is a quick shot Domenico made before shipping it of to me.

- gen dial

- gen hands

- newer movement with graphite treatment

:rolleyes:

DSC01089.jpg

Wow that's a stunner. I have yet to do the graphite mod on mine (maybe tomorrow!!). I can understand the gen dial might be a small upgrade but why gen hands?

Is there a downside to rep hands? Never seen that so forgive me if I'm missing something.

The color gold of the hands must match the color gold of the numbers on the dial exactly of course, so that's why the gen hands are installed. The central seconds hand didn't fit so there's a new part from a swiss 7750 in there as well.

As for the AR coating i'm not sure yet. Of course it looks much better, but first i have to find out from what time period the serial number is... if it's from a time that IWC did AR coating than i will have it coated... otherwise it stays in this condition ;)

Yep... i'm a bit of a perfectionist :whistling:

Thanx for all the nice words :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Guest avitt

That's just awesome, YM! You've taken care of just about every issue with the Porto rep...

Is the inner bezel chapter ring genuine as well?

I trust that you have brushed the case back on this one?

Absolutely stunning!

With regards to the AR, it looks to be the upgraded dial with the curved numbers, which would indicate that the gen would also have had a double AR coating as it was the later models that came with this dial. You'll also need to upgrade the crown for a 100% rep as the newer batch of 3714's came with the newer crown, not the one with just the fish on it.

As for the caseback tutorial, search for the post under the member name of 'Avitt' it was he who also had a beautiful 3714 and did the tutorial on the brushed caseback process.

I can't wait to see more pictures of this one, congrats Yellomen, I am very envious!!