When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Going to be in a Panasonic commercial with Shakira ...

wheaton26

my wife quite frequently gets asked to be an extra in movies and commercials that are shot here in the bahamas. she will actually be seen in the new james bond movie coming out in november. tomorrow we have both been asked to be extras in a new panasonic commercial featuring shakira. although i have never seen her, she resides only a few minutes away from us. my question to you is, what watch should i wear? it will of course be a panerai but which one ... a replica pam 029 from josh, a replica pam 036 from eddie, a replica pam 165 from king or my genuine pam 091 from shreve & co. i'm not quite sure the premise of the commercial, but i will do my best to get the watch some air time. i will take my camera along to catch some of the action ... i hope they don't mind, but it's a sony. i look forward to hearing back from some of you soon. all the best.

Go with the 029... and DON'T wear the gen... where's the fun in that??? "Ummm... see that's me in the commercial and i'm wearing a genuine panerai" ...........BOOOOOOORRRRRRINNNNNNGGGGG. Besides, if you let the WIS's know (after the fact) they'll all have heart attacks everytime they see the commercial :3a:

Edited by Watchwatcher

well i'm just recovering from a long day on the set. for anyone who has ever been an extra before, it is a lot of the "hurry up and wait" routine. luckily we took a cooler full of beer and that kept us occupied. the premise was a mock concert featuring panasonic's new product line of video and digital cameras. there were a lot of good looking models there and shakira herself was absolutely beautiful ... and those moves! i ended up rocking my genuine pam 091. i did my best to get it in every shot possible. my wife and i were placed up front in the middle and had a lot of camera shots that came from over our heads. i did my best to get us some exposure ... i guess we'll have to wait and see. it was tough for me to get any great shots as there was absolutely no photography allowed. i did sneak my little sony camera in and was able to snap these. all in all, a pretty good day. enjoy ...

98707-26703.jpg98707-26704.jpg98707-26705.jpg98707-26706.jpg

Great job getting the pics. We may have to invent an rwg.cc t-shirt for you next commercial - either that or Jetmid. Sounds like fun though. Alot of my friends do it here in New York as there are always 3-4 different NYPD whatevers filming in various parts of the city. And you don't even have to be good looking here.:lol:

I suspect that if they are putting you and your wife in the front row of a Shakira commercial no one is looking at your watches. ;)

well i'm just recovering from a long day on the set. for anyone who has ever been an extra before, it is a lot of the "hurry up and wait" routine. luckily we took a cooler full of beer and that kept us occupied. the premise was a mock concert featuring panasonic's new product line of video and digital cameras. their were a lot of good looking models there and shakira herself was absolutely beautiful ... and those moves! i ended up rocking my genuine pam 091. i did my best to get it in every shot possible. my wife and i were placed up front in the middle and had a lot of camera shots that came from over our heads. i did my best to get us some exposure ... i guess we'll have to wait and see. it was tough for me to get any great shots as there was absolutely no photography allowed. i did sneak my little sony camera in and was able to snap these. all in all, a pretty good day. enjoy ...

Great Shots! Especially when they're not allowed... All I can say besides that is... yummmm :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...