When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Modern Rolex Explorer I rep currently available?

Stephane

Guys,

Sorry to ask but I have been browsing for a while and searching too of course but I feel this might be the right way to go.

Can anybody recommend the best Explorer I rep currently available?

I would love to offer it to a GF.

Thanks and sorry to sound so "who has the best..." :(

Cheers

Stephane

EDIT: to say that if one of you has it and want to part with it, I'm open to buy.

Stephane,

You don't say which Explorer I rep you're looking for- vintage or modern?

Of course, all I would consider myself is vintage, like this one from Narikaa:

http://img.villagephotos.com/imageview.aspx?i=24511371

This looks like a 1016, Swiss- T<25 dial, lugholes, aged lume. It looks good to me, but I'm not an expert on Explorers.

Silix has a similar watch as does Trusty. The good thing about Narikaa is that he's in UK, so it would be easy for you, I would think. Heck, I ordered a mini-sub from him for a girlfriend here in the states and it was easy for me- great service and fast. I'd hesitated ordering from UK dealers in the past, but it was smooth as silk.

Some pics of my Explorer 1 TW Best / WM9, bought last October. Fit and finish are perfect, just have a look at the SELs. Everything is unmodded on the watch shown here.

The bracelet is solid. I'll replace it with a hollow mid link bracelet in future but will stick with the WM9 SELs as they are the best I ever had on a rep. Maybe I'll have the dial and hands relumed and somewhere in my parts bin there should be a gen 295 crystal for this babe.

post-12755-1239441514_thumb.jpg

post-12755-1239441577_thumb.jpg

post-12755-1239441609_thumb.jpg

post-12755-1239441631_thumb.jpg

post-12755-1239441673_thumb.jpg

I can confirm this 100% !! Had a TW-Best Expl.I from Eddie 2 years ago - and it was far superior to every other Expl.I rep !!

Case, crown, dial, endlinks - just completely different to cartel stuff (different in a positive way).

But I don't know how much WM9 charges nowadays for the Expl.I...

Thanks guys, this look very good indeed.

But a 375$ budget is really more than I envisioned.

The GF is not even paying attention to watches and wouldn't be noticing the quality anyway :(

Why is it so that girls you want to please with something you love doesn't give a sh*t ? :angry:

The ETA clone one most of the dealers sell is a great watch... the clone is a nice compromise between that whirry 21J asian they sometimes come with and going for a TW best... you could always try to pick up some WM9 endlinks as they are amazing....