When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New SS & blue cerachrom Submariner

gioarmani

I'd go with this version. I guess the one question I have is that they claim it has a Movement: Swiss Eta 2836-2 Automatic Movement Is this actual or clone? If it's actual, then I'll have to open up the piggy bank and have 'em send me one. I love the TT, but my concerns are that the finish would wear or get scratched thereby ruining the whole effect. The other is that people would be more likely to assume I could afford a SS Vs a TT... :)

Thanks for posting this! Only one I saw close was watch eden's and it didn't look quite right (too light), will likely have to pick this up! Just a note, the gen of this watch only comes in TT, SS & white gold, so I think on the rep they just polish the center of the band since polished SS looks a LOT like white gold. Looks like it comes in an asian movement too:

http://www.jpc8118.com/0000000000rlss01004...836-p-5941.html

No one I know would believe I'd spent 30k US on a watch tho ;)

Edited by R0NiN

I really love the look of the gen for some reason. It's not understated to say the least but.. like.. there isnt an extravagant design on it and no clashing colours like some random ORANGE on it or something. I find the black sub too understated and a little 'normal' for me.

Dealers pictures aren't much to go on as we know unfortunately! (Just look at the pics of the portofino!) but the rep in the picture looks much too dark.

If they make a good, lighter - more accurate version of this sub I think I'd have to go for it. I don't care that the gen is only made in white gold really, after all - this whole hobby is about buying what you want and like!

To add; I made a couple of comments in another thread about my predictions for the new ceramic subs, and the addition of an AR'd cyclops is one of the new features that is actually present on the white gold gen.

Cerachrom is a very different type of ceramic: although it falls under the ceramic "category" it is unique from ordinary ceramic. It is a "Thermal Ceramic"

definition:

Categories: Ceramic

Material Notes: Cerachrome is a bulk refractory fiber produced from an alumina-silica-chromia composition which provides for a maximum use limit of 2600

Right...

I mean i did not yet see this one in an AD not to mention in the wild... hopefully a good TT replication will folow with decent wrapping (one that can sustain at least a year of wear) and ill pick it up...

I feel going a bit blingy this summer ;)

Laz

The one thing I would like to see the factories correct on all the Rolex ceramic models is the hour markers. The gen hour markers have barely perceptible metal/WG rings around the lume, whereas the rings encasing the lume in the reps are way too prominent. It really does make a big difference.

Anyhow, while almost nobody is ever going to be able to differentiate ss from white gold on your wrist, you will be conscious of the weight difference if you get a chance to try on the gen. Like all full-gold watches, it is very heavy. It's the first thing you think when the AD puts it in your hand

I believe the genuine is released in the Asian Market .. Japan,.... Singapore ..... I thought I read somewhere... also,..... London

I saw this in HK AD windows around 2 months ago. List price around USD28,380...... :o

BR,

Raymond

Right...

I mean i did not yet see this one in an AD not to mention in the wild... hopefully a good TT replication will folow with decent wrapping (one that can sustain at least a year of wear) and ill pick it up...

I feel going a bit blingy this summer ;)

Laz

I think I'd rather have the SS w/out white gold wrap as it won't ever wear off and no one will tell the difference. Also, I checked with my local AD and its available in the US but very rare apparently. Was quoted 28k as well, they said they'd be happy to order it in if I put down a 10% deposit :lol: .

I think I'd rather have the SS w/out white gold wrap as it won't ever wear off and no one will tell the difference. Also, I checked with my local AD and its available in the US but very rare apparently. Was quoted 28k as well, they said they'd be happy to order it in if I put down a 10% deposit :lol: .

Did you tell them that 10% deposit would buy you ten reps? ;)

Insert color seems off and the pearl must be replaced....easy enough :)

Looks great!

That's what I was thinking, the pearl looks a bit bulbous. Is there a way of replacing these pearls like with the old Sub's with a Watchmaterial, or something similar?