When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Staring At Wrists

Guest aclaimsman

Guest aclaimsman

How many of you will admit to staring at another persons wrist to try and catch a glimpse of their watch. I must admit, I have done this most of my life, but really stare after discovering the Rep Forums.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of you will admit to staring at another persons wrist to try and catch a glimpse of their watch. I must admit, I have done this most of my life, but really stare after discovering the Rep Forums.

quilty as charged.....

it's becoming a habit.....

(like looking at the BBB's from beautiful girls...)

Is there any medicine ????? :whistling:

:bangin: yeah me tooooo

And I now exactly what brand it is, and bad thing of all, if I don't know I make a talk and ask..... :Jumpy:

Stat padder,post [censored],stat stuffer. :D:lol::p:3a:

(That is sarcasm if it is not obvioius :yeah: )

I live in London and get the underground to work in Canary Wharf every day and almost every day I spot a Rolex on some one's wrist. Some days if I'm lucky I'll spot something a bit less 'popular' and that makes my day! I've spotted quite a few PAM's, a couple of VC's, a fair number of IWC's, one beautiful Rose Gold AP and even a few Patek's. The funny thing is that I've caught most of those people having a look at whatever I'm wearing!! Looking at people's wrists has become quite interesting and has led to quite a few conversations with strangers, none of them unpleasant!!!

Very much so. I work in the head office of the UK branch of the second biggest food manufacturer in the world. I guess you'd expect some decent watches being worn by the higher-up people.

Nope.

I've not seen anyone else with a mechanical watch on their wrists. Nothing that I'd think of as a good, decent watch at all. Strange.

I'm in Hong Kong so my eyes are always open for spotting expensive watches. In the month I've been here, I've spotted hundreds of Subs, SDs, Explorer 2 and GMTs (all genuine). I've also spotted hundreds of TT Datejusts on men and mostly women's wrists. I've also noted dozens of SS Daytonas on rich kids wrists, and a lot of TT Daytonas out there too.

I've spotted a dozen Jacob and Co's (yuck), a few dozen Royal Oaks, some VC Overseas, some Breguets, 8 Patek Philippe World Times and a few dozen other Pateks, and even yesterday I spotted someone wearing a Richard Mille finally.

Panerai is popular here, and I've spotted many models, like the 196, 005, 111H, 190H, some Submersibles and a lot of PR models. Also seen a few Fiddys and 187s. I stopped wearing Panerai reps because I was afraid of being called out by some rabid Paneristi.

I've also spotted no fewer than 100 IWC Pilot Chronos. I am not kidding, as I see at least 3 or 5 of these in a single day. Big Pilot I've also spotted a dozen times or so, and I've also spotted a few Ingenieurs and GST Chronos.

Cartier is another king here, I've seen hundreds, if not maybe over a thousand assorted ones accross the city.

I'm sure I missed a lot more, this is just from walking around shopping centres and on the street.

I had high tea at the Ritz Carlton yesterday and I spotted someone wearing a Jumbo Nautilus, who strangely enough looked like he was staring at my Royal Oak every now and then.

I'm in Hong Kong so my eyes are always open for spotting expensive watches. In the month I've been here, I've spotted hundreds of Subs, SDs, Explorer 2 and GMTs (all genuine). I've also spotted hundreds of TT Datejusts on men and mostly women's wrists. I've also noted dozens of SS Daytonas on rich kids wrists, and a lot of TT Daytonas out there too.

I've spotted a dozen Jacob and Co's (yuck), a few dozen Royal Oaks, some VC Overseas, some Breguets, 8 Patek Philippe World Times and a few dozen other Pateks, and even yesterday I spotted someone wearing a Richard Mille finally.

Panerai is popular here, and I've spotted many models, like the 196, 005, 111H, 190H, some Submersibles and a lot of PR models. Also seen a few Fiddys and 187s. I stopped wearing Panerai reps because I was afraid of being called out by some rabid Paneristi.

I've also spotted no fewer than 100 IWC Pilot Chronos. I am not kidding, as I see at least 3 or 5 of these in a single day. Big Pilot I've also spotted a dozen times or so, and I've also spotted a few Ingenieurs and GST Chronos.

Cartier is another king here, I've seen hundreds, if not maybe over a thousand assorted ones accross the city.

I'm sure I missed a lot more, this is just from walking around shopping centres and on the street.

I had high tea at the Ritz Carlton yesterday and I spotted someone wearing a Jumbo Nautilus, who strangely enough looked like he was staring at my Royal Oak every now and then.

Ow my god, gen-walhalla

born on the wrong continent I guess.... :bounce::bounce:

yep, and there are no shortage of fine watches on people's wrists in NYC... rollie's, omegas and cartier's seem to rule, but i am begininng to see more pams and brietlings..

Can't I stick to staring at women's....

Ooooooooooooooooou

Don't want to admit that :Jumpy:

I do it all the time, but at least 75% of the time I'm disappointed.

I also do it habitually when I watch TV, in fact, I find myself stopping on cooking shows & do-it-yourself shows because you can always get a good look at a guy's watch on those! Incidentally, have you noticed that the CSI-NY Detective "Danny Messer" wears a PAM? (Not sure which model)

yeah I'll do it a lot while watching TV or movies, and pointing them out to my wife. And my wife used to think I am some weirdo for noticing people's watches, but since I have gotten a MOP dial datejust, she is slowly warming up to reps, she still thinks the ladies Rolexes are too big!! But she started to notice what is on people's wrist too, so I have rubbed off on her. When I noticed something on TV, I would make a comment about it, and my wife will tell me to rewind it on DVR to show it to her, so I think that part is kind of fun, to have something to share together.....

I thought everybody does that! I actually landed a job by doing this.....

I noticed my former boss' Portugieser and complimented him on it, got into a conversation and ended up working for him. Next to his Portugieser he had a Mille Miglia and a rep P.O.

Caught him looking at my wrist too! First time I saw him do that I was wearing a gen Omega. He never seemed to notice that my salary and number of watches did not seem to match at the time.....