When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

there are chinese mistakes and there are CHINESE mistakes

fotoman

so if you were old enough to remember the whole "polex" incident you may have thought that was a doozy

but here you go, there is a new longines out, which, to me, is mighty pricey at 400

2.jpg

now they make a point of the movement being machined and rotor machine engraved

See if you notice the error

:)

7.jpg

The watch you buy may or may not come with a movement.

Then there's no sense in purchasing from that dealer. I'd like to see a list of dealers that show one thing and send another. When you start talking about spending $400 on a rep, you better GD make sure it's exactly like you described it and looks like the photos you used to get me to shell out for it.

Then there's no sense in purchasing from that dealer. I'd like to see a list of dealers that show one thing and send another. When you start talking about spending $400 on a rep, you better GD make sure it's exactly like you described it and looks like the photos you used to get me to shell out for it.

i will not let this thread turn into a josh bashing thread,d if you want to do that start your own thread.

this, as i am sure, was an innocent mistake, they do put up new models every day, have thousands of models,

i'm sure this is an innocent mistake. - ;) i haven't passed i on yet, cause i think its funny.

so, again - you want to bash josh, take it to your own thread. this is an innocent mistake. i'll bet you $1000 that if you order that watch, not only does it not come with an omega engraving but it will come with a longines engraving.

now, $400, for simple movement, cause its gold coated? not sure about that pricing, but, there are plenty of places to shop if you don't like this or any other of the options.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Phoband, are you REALLY willing to bet $1000 that the watch shipped will not have an Omega branded movement in it??? I mean really, are you nuckin futs?

I am not bashing ANYONE, but you would think that they would look at something as stupid as that before shooting pictures. Wouldnt it be more prudent to WAIT until a proper watch was delivered to take pics than to shoot pics of that abortion?

For me, I was just trying to make a general statement about dealers that post and describe one thing and send another. I've seen a number of posts where dealers claim that a watch has a gen Swiss movement which is actually a Swiss copy. My intention wasn't to bash Josh, just an overall concern for truth in advertising...

Phoband, are you REALLY willing to bet $1000 that the watch shipped will not have an Omega branded movement in it??? I mean really, are you nuckin futs?

I am not bashing ANYONE, but you would think that they would look at something as stupid as that before shooting pictures. Wouldnt it be more prudent to WAIT until a proper watch was delivered to take pics than to shoot pics of that abortion?

maybe i wasn't clear, what i was saying is that you would get the proper longines movement decoration

i think i was pretty clear that i believe this is a photo/website mistake and not some sort of evil plan to send another watch

and thinkbachs - when your around long enough you will find out that none of our dealers are angels - none. i've delt with all of them.

and my transactions with josh have been as good if not better than the rest.

currently i don't use any of the board dealers, but, i also don't have any $$.

Sure, I'm willing believe that it's a simple mistake.

But FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS for a rep that doesn't have the mistake is OK?

Carl

I have avoided posting in this thread but it appears that Carl and I have at least both seen the true issue with this watch. -_-

Ken

Guest carlsbadrolex

Holy crap Ken, did you and I have a moment??? Im sitting here watching a live Rush concert in HD and drinking a $750 bottle of red wine (76 Petrus)...

I love you man...

T

I have avoided posting in this thread but it appears that Carl and I have at least both seen the true issue with this watch. -_-

Ken

yes, you, him, and if you check my first post i said i thought the 400 price was rediculous but i blame the factories not the dealers

by the way - i amend my earlier statement Ken, is an angel, so, there is at least 1 who is - ken. :) everyone else has degrees of non-angelic habits.

I've made my peace with josh we have had a long nearly 5 year relationship. I have been very critical in the past. we don't need to relive that here. I have made my peace and frankly have no problem recommending him to friends and family.

. I started this thread cause i thought it would be funny. - you all can take it for what its worth, but blatent josh bashing, i consider thread crapping.

Guest carlsbadrolex

I aint no angel... Im so far from being an angel that I doubt that I could buy myself a day pass in to the promised land.

Are we off topic yet?

I aint no angel... Im so far from being an angel that I doubt that I could buy myself a day pass in to the promised land.

Are we off topic yet?

if that was supposed to be funny, i don't get it.

by the way I'm still waiting for a reply to my emails about that gen rubber strap. you could have just told me, hey dude, things came up, sorry couldn't do it.

now were off topic

Josh has always provided me with excellent service; and while I seriously believe the watch you buy would come with all the proper engravings, the price-tag is ABSURD and you are much MUCH better getting it from Narikaa, or another local dealer who will do on-site QC instead of drop-shipping. Just to make sure.

What are these dealers thinking?

Because we're in a recession they release a $400 SS Longines rep and a $1,300 QUARTZ?????? To all of you who said the recession would bring in great savings for our hobby: looks like the same ol' same ol' from where my lazy butt is sittin'.

Now:

Josh is a GOOD DEALER, and a GOOD PERSON. I just simply cannot afford to buy counterfeit watches from him anymore. Ha! Didn't think I'd ever say THAT.

Look I am not blaming any one dealer or factory or whatever what I am saying is that whoever is responsible for releasing a $400 non Chronograph watch, especially with the current economic climate, should really take time to think about what they are trying to achieve.

Big profits come from many sales not few with very large margins.

Oh and please lets not have another story about white gold coatings and such.

Actually CBR I was referring to member username Carl.

Ken