When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

233K on Ted Su

elisiX

Hi Guys... well yesterday I got back from the states (damn 14 hours flight) and had the day at home to myself (mrs stupidly went to work.. pfft). So I had one more day of free time and decided to take a couple new 233K pictures on my Ted Su Gator. Incredible strap as i've said so many times and suits the 233K very well I think. The dial is quite difficult to capture due to the domed crystal but IRL, it does not reflect anywhere as near like it seems in pictures. Anyway, hope you like. One of these day's ill get myself a light box.

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

Edited by elisiX

Thanks for the comments guys. It really is a lovely watch.

I just realized that I didn't post on here (as I did on RG) the day I picked up the watch.

Below is the initial post I made.

Hi Fellas..

Will post up a proper bunch of pictures once im home but I just wanted to throw up a couple quick shots I took this afternoon. Day 3 of my USA trip saw the 233K handle itself very nicely at Universal Studios and last night at dinner in LA. Speaking of yesterday, it was my birthday, and what better present than to pick up my 233K from the Beverly Hills Panerai Boutique. I also had the great opportunity to meet projectologist - a really nice guy with a fantastic VDB creation on his wrist. Really stunning in person with that Angelus movement. Pictures do not show the true beauty of this watch.

Now while these pictures show the watch to be mint, its not. There are a bunch of hairlines all over the polished bezel which should easily come out with a service/cape codding. There are 2 very small 'dents/dings' in the 12 o'clock position of the polished bezel and another very small ding on the case back. There are also a couple small marks on one of the lugs (topside and not from changing straps). Unfortunately the guy I bought this from wore cuff links with his shirts and was a little careless but worst case scenario, it needs a new bezel and light refinishing on the lug. Best case scenario, it will need a polish/cape codding on the bezel and refinishing of the brushed lug.

For the price I paid ($8600 USD - approximately $2k under market), it was well worth it for a 4 month old K series 233. Oh and I mentioned it was my birthday while at the boutique (purely for the exchange), and I was handed a (what I believe) hard to find blue rope keychain and white linen shirt. While the shirt may not really see the light of day, the keychain was an incredible gesture and it truly is also fantastic in person. Very impressive. Its actually much bigger than I imagined it to be from the pictures i'd seen online and Paneristi.

Ill let the pictures speak for themselves.

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg