When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Inaugural RWG Photo Competition

lanikai

21889996.png

It is my privilege to announce an upcoming event that is open to all registered members !!

RWG is proud to announce it's Inaugural Photo Shootout ~ A Competition to test your photography skills and a time to show off your timepieces, and your "Art" with a camera !

Prizes will be awarded to the winners and all images will be considered for a planned RWG Calendar !

There are so many members here with talent and skill with a camera .. needless to mention an imagination for some awesome Art Work !

We have decided to put these skills and your images to a "fun for all" Contest.

The format for this contest is in the works.. I'm not letting on before the official start... we don't want anyone to start ahead of time.. B)

and most importantly... It's free !! without any entree fee !!.. we have a reserve from our raffles to keep us going for a portion of the summer.. so this is a way to join in some healthy comeradery ... and also.. see what photo's we can use for a "planned" RWG Calendar !!

All that is required is for the contestant to be a registered member of RWG.. everyone is welcome to enter..

And I say Prize(s) as we are giving away a treasure trove of goodies.... Kenberg and the rest of the Admin Team have collected some awesome prizes,.. and would like to give those prizes away !!!

There will be a panel of Judges .. and the contest will be a "Round Robin" .. elimination format ..

There will be separate divisions according to experience with the Len's, so weather you are a Novice or a seasoned Expert ... there is room for all to enter.

You don't have a camera?? There may be room for a phone camera division ...

OH.. before I forget ... Pugwash will head the panel of Judges.. Pug being the "Professor" of RWG's photo lab.. it will be Pug that will set the parameters for the images to be submitted.. and guide the panel of Judges on the rules for grading the images.

that's all that will be given out at this time.. so don't worry about taking any photo's now.. because the type of photo (mandatory) will be announced to everyone at the same time. .. and it "may" include a certain object to be intertwined in the image.. so everyone gets the same lead time..

Rules and time allotted will be announced..

I plan to begin soon after the ending of the Upgrade/referral raffle.. which is due to finish toward the end of the month..

We are excited as this is the time to work on taking your best of the best pics !!!

I hope to see everyone competing !! .. and having fun !!

Also the winners will receive a virtual trophy to display on their signature ... bragging rights for 2009

svf2.jpg

RWG Shooter 2009

We hope to see everyone from the wrist shots, and those that don't post pics often join in!!

Aloha~Cheers

Lanikai aka... raffle meister B)

***thank you TJ for the lead photo header !!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well lets face it folks after our watches our second most favourite thing is taking pic's of them.......so now you get a chance to win prizes for doing what you enjoy.

I wonder if we can talk Lani into a watches with naked girls section? :D

Ok I was just leaving anyway :(

Be in it to win it

Ken

I won the pugwash RWI contest a few years ago. Ya-all better just not waste your time cause i plan on creating a unified world champion.

"There can be only 1"

Santa Clause quote from inaugural cartoon of south park

Oops did Lani forget to mention the past winners clause? B)

Ken :D

he said something about wieners, as in too much of a wiener to take me on

:) Kenberg, dost though contend that RWI is one in the same as RWG? or just any winners are prohibited, I mean i have some 2nd place finishes in the 50 yrd dash from 3rd grade, those winners to?

oh :o

.yes :huh:

the past winners clue :mellow: what clue was that Ken ?

... clause rather :unsure:

.umm...ahhh..

. oh yeah now I remember. :blink:

ahh.. all past winners go to the back of the line. pick a number and wait until I call you.. don't call me B)

. You realize phoband that you will be in the "Open" .. Expert division.. no more Novice for U ;) ,..

and this one will have more than 1 contestant in your division :D

"Second Place is the FIRST to Loose"

Demsey Posted Today, 03:58 PM

Will spelling count? I think spelling should count.

yes Dem.. spalling cownts -_-

As the Divine Ms. M. said in "The Rose"

"that's enough of me taling about me,... now let's hear you talk about ME" :lol:

i wish i could have planned that crown reflection - but i'm not going to admit to that, - that was dumb luck, just like how the fingerprint on the crystal looks like fish food that the fish is eating :)