When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Inaugural RWG Photo Competition

lanikai

I love your enthusiasm Agrippa !.. keep that goin... you would be surprised how many hours go into these events.. just the planning and posting the initial "coming soon" post.. with all the different time zones communicating is not alway's "real time".. it may be hours before we can communicate a single message.

and the Admin team spends untolod time policing the boards for scam sales etc. .. I do not envy them, it is not a "Glorified" position at all !

By all means Lani, I never meant to suggest that running a forum is an easy thing; I know all too well that it can in fact be a full-time job and more. Running a compo such this needn't be though, if you set it up right. A couple of the other forums I hang out at stage regular 2-3 monthly photo contests and they more or less run themselves. You do need a volunteer (or someone from the admin/mod team) to do little chores, but really it needn't be a big deal in terms of time spent. I'd volunteer myself if it wasn't for the fact that I work a lot of nights and have little or no free time when I do.

Anyway, that's all a bit OT in terms of this thread, so I won't go on about it. If you think it's worth pursuing just give me a holler and I'll tell you how to set it up. Firmly on-topic I hope lots of folks sign up for this, since lots of nice pix would be....eh...nice.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By all means Lani, I never meant to suggest that running a forum is an easy thing; I know all too well that it can in fact be a full-time job and more. Running a compo such this needn't be though, if you set it up right. A couple of the other forums I hang out at stage regular 2-3 monthly photo contests and they more or less run themselves. You do need a volunteer (or someone from the admin/mod team) to do little chores, but really it needn't be a big deal in terms of time spent. I'd volunteer myself if it wasn't for the fact that I work a lot of nights and have little or no free time when I do.

Anyway, that's all a bit OT in terms of this thread, so I won't go on about it. If you think it's worth pursuing just give me a holler and I'll tell you how to set it up. Firmly on-topic I hope lots of folks sign up for this, since lots of nice pix would be....eh...nice.

by all means ... I'd like to hear more later ...

the difference with my mind set is I like the "human element" technology today is so mindless once it is set up it really takes away from the Humite aspect.

this is the internet.. some say vitual reality... but when all I get when I phone a business is a recording to press a number ...I tend not to be sensitive or motivated is more the word...... to that business.

sometimes you cannot substitute real feelings and communication.. if this site were totally automated it would not be the same.... we try to do these functions as "real time" as we can and have someone attending to members 24/7

but lets table this until later.. something good always comes out of discussions .. :)

L

Can we submit more than one image?

Does the watch have to be a rep?

the watch need not be a rep,... and the rules for the shoot will be set during the pre-contest prep ... so to be fair the format for the shoot during each round will be set before hand and the contestants will ahve a aloted time in which to complete the image ...

this won't be one image and done ....

it could be a certain colour background with lights or outdoors with a motif that everyone will follow..

so the rounds may involve numerous images with a different format and time line, for each image..

this is a "rough" idea..

L

I think we'll give it a couple more weeks ... so we're sure that all have gotten the message..

if you are aware of members who have not been active lately ..

give them a holla !

Call them in for the shoot !!

This contest is not so much about the prize but ..

Braggin rights B)

and Fun !!

Yo Lani, is there a Blind section for me Bro?? You know, for all these folks that want to see my wallpaper or maybe the cats butt as it walks past?!? ;)

Sixx :bones:

here's a idea for ya sixx.. in the photography section.. I'll ask fo the most off the wall photo's ya got.. deep it clean please.. at least R rated.. B)

Technically, his photos were top notch. The skills he used were learned, not bought.

However, he's not in this competition, so it's a moo point. A cow's opinion. It's moo.

I am absolutely with puggy on this FACT. Period. :)

Extremely appreciative of lani in taking all the trouble, time & effort in making this possible. Not forgetting the Admin & Mod team too. ;)

I have a shoot in the studio tomorrow with a model, maybe i'll have her put on my 5002....

YES!!!!!!! and that's all you should have her put on...!!!

and since I'm organizing this with the rest of the crew... why don't you send me ALL the images so I can use them to ahhh... gauge the quality of our contest..

thanks

L B)

YES!!!!!!! and that's all you should have her put on...!!!

and since I'm organizing this with the rest of the crew... why don't you send me ALL the images so I can use them to ahhh... gauge the quality of our contest..

thanks

L B)

hahah, unfortunately she is a 'no nude' model :o I will post up some shots once i get some preliminary PP done on them.

A little booze and persuasiveness goes a long way!! :p

:shock: ... there is another side to the "Clark Kent" of RWG..... :lol:

redwatch Posted Today, 03:32 PM

I may be new, but count me in! I will have to hit up my friend to borrow his new Nikon D3 now that I have a good excuse to ask him!

Is that the best ya can do with equipment Red ??? :lol:

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well my friend is one of those types of people who has to have the newest toys, so by the time the photo competition is ready to go, it wouldn't surprise me if he had the newer D3X! Then I guess I will just have to make do with that one instead!

:shock: ... there is another side to the "Clark Kent" of RWG..... :lol:

Is that the best ya can do with equipment Red ??? :lol:

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well my friend is one of those types of people who has to have the newest toys, so by the time the photo competition is ready to go, it wouldn't surprise me if he had the newer D3X! Then I guess I will just have to make do with that one instead!

this sounds suspiciously like ... an "imaginary" friend.. :whistling:

looking forward to the images Red !!

Lani

another week or so before we kick off !!

Judges are being selected and we will have the format in place at the start of the contest..

so get the word out !! everyone who is a "registered" member is eligible.

L

Great Idea, cant wait to see the submissions, and maybe put a few in myself :p