When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review - Tag Heuer Carrera Tachy

b16a2

Untitled-1copy.jpg

First of all, I would like to give big credit to Jmarin who kindly provided the excellent pictures of his genuine Tag Heuer Carrera.

Secondly, another bunch of Kudos to Watchmark for providing the watch, good service as per usual.

Onto the review

Also thanks from me for this review, which follows a pattern for reviews on the rep-sites very closely.

May I however comment on this style of review. Not as a critisism of this review in particular, but as a general criticism.

A watch like this one is primarily a tool. To show the time and to be worn and used.

And some very basic aspects relating to these issues are frequently not covered on this and similar sites. Namely, how accurate is the watch, how is the power reserve and is it waterproof? Being a sports watch it should be waterproof - at least to go swimming with.

It seems to me that some of the suppliers get away too lightly when they do not insist on getting these aspects right.

Other than for a small group of geeks it is more important to have a functional watch which is beautifully made than to have an accurate look-alike which does not serve its purpose.

Just a thought, and please take this as constructive critisism. I really do appreciate the aspects you have covered as well as the great pictures.

B16 this was an excellent review my friend.

You really seem to have being doing a lot of research before posting this one.

My opinion is that the rep is a very accurate one and there a too little flaws

for someone to take notice of,assuming that someone has an extended knowledge

on Tags.I personally liked the beveled date window,something you don't easily see on a rep dial.

I think that this review will help a lot of Carrera fans to make the step and get the replication

of their favorite model.

Thanks for you great review

John

Also thanks from me for this review, which follows a pattern for reviews on the rep-sites very closely.

May I however comment on this style of review. Not as a critisism of this review in particular, but as a general criticism.

A watch like this one is primarily a tool. To show the time and to be worn and used.

And some very basic aspects relating to these issues are frequently not covered on this and similar sites. Namely, how accurate is the watch, how is the power reserve and is it waterproof? Being a sports watch it should be waterproof - at least to go swimming with.

It seems to me that some of the suppliers get away too lightly when they do not insist on getting these aspects right.

Other than for a small group of geeks it is more important to have a functional watch which is beautifully made than to have an accurate look-alike which does not serve its purpose.

Just a thought, and please take this as constructive critisism. I really do appreciate the aspects you have covered as well as the great pictures.

Thanks for the input, it's something I haven't really ever thought about before. I think the problem is that with replicas it varies so much. Therefore, I could do a pressure test, time it against a quartz etc... and give you the following information;

It runs +5 seconds a day, is water proof to 3atm and has a power reserve of 44 hours etc.... but it would be specific to this watch. There is no QC in the rep world (generally) therefore not all watches would conform to the stated information.

It is very much appreciated, and good to have new ideas.....I will certainly be incorporating some of your suggestions in my next review....so thank you!

B16 this was an excellent review my friend.

You really seem to have being doing a lot of research before posting this one.

My opinion is that the rep is a very accurate one and there a too little flaws

for someone to take notice of,assuming that someone has an extended knowledge

on Tags.I personally liked the beveled date window,something you don't easily see on a rep dial.

I think that this review will help a lot of Carrera fans to make the step and get the replication

of their favorite model.

Thanks for you great review

John

Thanks John, yes it's a great little replica this one, and like you say, they even included the bevelled date window which adds that little extra detail to the dial!

@everyone else, thanks for the kind words :)

Very good review! Nice too see a good writeup of the silver dial version. :)

A peculiar thing about these is that all the replicas has the model number "CV2014" on the caseback, this is only correct for the red- hand "Racing" version of the Carrera (which was the first replica-version out). The black dial version also has slightly more grayish dial text than the original. Still, I love my black dial Carrera, CV2010. The bracelet is one of the best around! :)

My friend great review, after the long wait, patience pay it off.

Thanks for taking the time to write the review, it covers all the important aspects of a really good rep.

My love for the Carrera Tach. comes and goes, I was wondering in the black Sport version, but after seen your pics I could feel the love coming back strong in the silver version direction. :)

Congrats for a work well done.

• 8 months later...

I don't see why not. The movements are the based on the same template, so the only thing that might need trimming would be the dial diameter. I haven't ever seen this mod done, but it certainly doesn't mean it isn't possible, perhaps someone else could shed more light on this question. :)