When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Firefox Browser

linkukbora

Apparently some IPB users who are using FireFox are having problems viewing attached photos, they show up as garbage when clicked. It seems to be happening recently and has popped upon a couple different forums - the solution for the time being that I am aware off is just use IE if you really want to see those pictures

the solution for the time being that I am aware off is just use IE if you really want to see those pictures

If that's the only solution, I'd be more content with the problem.... IE just sucks in my book :thumbdown:

Well I have both IE and FireFox 1.5.0.1 and I sometimes have a problem with images, but not frequently. I use both of them and I don't know what about IE sucks. Maybe someone can explain why they feel IE Sucks. They are just browsers and you don't have to "switch" to use both of them. You can have them both and use both simultaneously. About the only thing I like better about FireFox is the themes you can use.

Apparently some IPB users who are using FireFox are having problems viewing attached photos, they show up as garbage when clicked. It seems to be happening recently and has popped upon a couple different forums - the solution for the time being that I am aware off is just use IE if you really want to see those pictures
Is that why I sometimes just see "IPB Image" in peoples posts?

If so, then I'm getting the same problem with Firefox 1.5.0.1

(quote name='ehtolcad' date='Mar 21 2006, 02:38 AM' post='7818')

ok here's a test - can you see this image:

IPB Image

(/quote)

As you can see, the image isn't even stored in the code. If there is indeed an image there, it's getting rewritten by ... er, is it imageshack?

(quote name='ehtolcad' date='Mar 21 2006, 02:38 AM' post='7818')

ok here's a test - can you see this image:

IPB Image

(/quote)

As you can see, the image isn't even stored in the code. If there is indeed an image there, it's getting rewritten by ... er, is it imageshack?

I wouldn't worry if I was you, knowing ehtolcad I think its a safe bet that hes jerking your chain :lol:

Ken

Hi all,

I am experiencing some difficulities in seeing some pictures posted here and just curious to know whether other firefox users are the same :angry: Btw I'm on 1.5 version and apparently the glitches also affected other sites as well :yuk:

Right-click over one of the phantom images. Look in the Menu list for "Block Images from ...." See if it's "checked." If it IS, uncheck it.

I have my FIREWALL set to block images from FotoTime (I think it is) - your firewall software may also be set to block some image hosts?

9080-5167.jpg