When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pro Hunter PVD Deep Sea on Josh's site

southcoast68

Ok, now this is the DEEP SEA for me, and I don't even care if its a fantasy or not. The all black looks sinister and it solves the problem of the reps steel not being as bright looking as the gen.

http://www.jpc8118.com/000000000000rlsdph1...813-p-6107.html

And the price tag for the asian version is not bad at all. I may eventually break down and get one of these after all.

this is from their website :

"Made with a Genuine SS Deep Sea as Sample..."

OH YEAH....?? then why dont you have original escape valve.... orrr ring lock system?! engraved?

Thats one of the reasons I like it better, it does not have all that useless text all over it.

As much as I would love to have a black DeepSea, I am not getting this version.

Front of the watch is aspiring to be the Pro Hunter Deepsea.

Back of the watch is aspiring to be the SingleRed Jacque Piccard edition.

Helium valve is not black.

Ring lock has no engraving.

List could go on, but these flaws are enough for me to stop caring to notice.

this is from their website :

"Made with a Genuine SS Deep Sea as Sample..."

OH YEAH....?? then why dont you have original escape valve.... orrr ring lock system?! engraved?

I asked Josh about that and noticed that if you look hard enough in his pictures it looks like there might be something there. He guaranteed me that it is engraved (correctly). I still didn't buy it. Although I looooove the look of this watch, there are only 100 of each of the authentic pro hunters out there (100 daytonas, 100 GMTs, 100 Deep Seas), and they are pretty much reserved for royalty and extremely influential citizens of the world (i.i not you and not I). As much as I love this watch it would be extremely obvious how fake it is from miles away- not because it's a bad rep- only because you and I will never own a real one.

I asked Josh about that and noticed that if you look hard enough in his pictures it looks like there might be something there. He guaranteed me that it is engraved (correctly). I still didn't buy it. Although I looooove the look of this watch, there are only 100 of each of the authentic pro hunters out there (100 daytonas, 100 GMTs, 100 Deep Seas), and they are pretty much reserved for royalty and extremely influential citizens of the world (i.i not you and not I). As much as I love this watch it would be extremely obvious how fake it is from miles away- not because it's a bad rep- only because you and I will never own a real one.

I disagree. You might have confused it with Patek Philippe there.

Going to their homepage and looking at their feedback and owner's page, a large majority of the owners appear to be just rich people with load of cash to spare and/or WIS. Sure they list a few celebrities and famous people, but that is just a minor number.

As they say, PH is AMG to Mercedes, but not Rolls Royce in itself.

• 1 month later...