When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newest addition to the family

gioarmani

This is my fastest arrival to date: I ordered this piece from Josh, for my girl, and it shipped the 5th, from Guangzhou--amazingly enough it arrived on my door in Florida this morning at 10:00 AM. Outstanding service!

And an outstanding piece. Already running perfect ETA 2671-2, siliconed & polished, dressed and ready for our 1 yr aniv in 3 weeks. :) Have a look:

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1367-1.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_4249.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

And for comparison, here's a gen 79174 from the Bay:

Picture4-4.jpg

Picture5-3.jpg

Picture1-23.jpg

Picture2-12.jpg

The smooth bezel, SS, ladies Datejust on an oyster--especially with the basic Roman dial--is my favorite womans watch that Rolex makes. Well made, classic, minimalistic, not pretentious, and universal to almost anything she wants to accessorize with. She liked this piece in my AD a few months back, but rolled her eyes as to why anyone would pay that much for a watch, but she loves to sit & watch me tinker with these things, so I'm sure she'll get a kick out of it.

• 3 months later...

You mention polish .. what gear do you use to re-polish your watches to such perfection?

Actually, on this piece I just did a little on the brushed parts with this cloth:

http://www.amazon.com/Pierce-This-2-Polishing-jewelry/dp/B0007OEZ9G/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&s=jewelry&qid=1251584787&sr=8-21

When I need to buff out the actual polished parts of the case, I use a 6" bench grinder with this wheel & white rouge:

http://www.amazon.com/Woodstock-D3189-6-Inch-8-Inch-Buffing/dp/B001UE7JDG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=industrial&qid=1251655865&sr=8-1

Edited by gioarmani

Very nice. did you get the box from Josh as well?

Lord no--my boxes have only been gens. Rep boxes, especially the Rolex ones are a joke. They're not even the right shades of color.

Nice pickup gio.

Shame, but I notice they still haven't addressed that glaring DW font on the ladies models. Suppose you could always pick up a gen. c.22xx DW and use as overlay.

picture8s.png

Where does one find one of those?