When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what is this? asian or swiss?

artoero

Maybe it's an ETA 6497 but I'm not sure. I don't see the typpical ETA 6497 regulator, so it could be a Chinese copy!!!??

If it is the older ETA with the old and incorrect bridges then it is one of the most reliable versions! I would choose this one over the newer any day.

@ Artoero don't forget that these people in Holland are trying to make some money, they have to take the risc of importing these watches and they also want to make some bucks. There's no harm in that. Think about it... do you know how much an authorized Breitling dealer pays for a genuine Breitling Steelfish(Euro 2010,-) ?.... no more than Euro 1000,-. That's more than a 1000 euros profit! Now that's a crime!!

For that version of the fiddie (if it's brand new) Euro 450,- is not too much! If you want it cheaper buy it direct from the source in Asia and contact one of our dealers. But you have to deal with the riscs of import and shipping.

Edited by Rolexman

Think about it... do you know how much an authorized Breitling dealer pays for a genuine Breitling Steelfish(Euro 2010,-) ?.... no more than Euro 1000,-. That's more than a 1000 euros profit! Now that's a crime!!

Woah there, nelly. Hold up a second!

If an AD pays about 1000, that'll be ex-vat, and the price he'll charge will be inc-vat. So, ex-vat, he's charging 1700. In other words, he's buying goods at 60% of retail value. Are you aware that 60% is standard wholesale price for almost every kind of shop? Your shoes will be bought at 60%, your sunglasses will be bought at 60%, your TV will be bought at 60%, but because it's a watch, it has to be different?

Markup is normal because he has to cover warranties, pay tax, pay salaries, pay for his AD licenses, pay his insurance, pay his rent ...

You can complain if you like, but it's hardly a crime unless you want to call every shopkeeper on the highstreet a criminal.

Maybe it's an ETA 6497 but I'm not sure. I don't see the typpical ETA 6497 regulator, so it could be a Chinese copy!!!??

If it is the older ETA with the old and incorrect bridges then it is one of the most reliable versions! I would choose this one over the newer any day.

@ Artoero don't forget that these people in Holland are trying to make some money, they have to take the risc of importing these watches and they also want to make some bucks. There's no harm in that. Think about it... do you know how much an authorized Breitling dealer pays for a genuine Breitling Steelfish(Euro 2010,-) ?.... no more than Euro 1000,-. That's more than a 1000 euros profit! Now that's a crime!!

For that version of the fiddie (if it's brand new) Euro 450,- is not too much! If you want it cheaper buy it direct from the source in Asia and contact one of our dealers. But you have to deal with the riscs of import and shipping.

@ rolexman:

hi can you look again to the other picture?

thanx

This is Chinese copy movement. The regulator might be broken or defective, C shold have it, the bridges are very silly, I suppose none of our dealers would put up something like that on offer so we might have not seen it. But I am pretty sure it is C movement, so not worth the asking price.

This is Chinese copy movement. The regulator might be broken or defective, C shold have it, the bridges are very silly, I suppose none of our dealers would put up something like that on offer so we might have not seen it. But I am pretty sure it is C movement, so not worth the asking price.

Thank you!!

The guy sells him for a swiss eta movement, Which is not true if I read the posts.

I decide to buy only from dealers from here.

Thanks!

i think it is an asian mvt...definitely not an ETA...not worth more than 150$...

buy from dealers over here...you will be very satisfied with the service...

and when you buy a nice rep..tell your to the guy in your neighbourhood that you will sell it to him for 1000$!!!

There are new Swiss ETAs with square bridges and CdG finish that are popping up in the EU, but even if this is Swiss, [a focused shot of the balance would settle the arguement.] the price is too bloody high for a fiddy with the wrong bridged movt in it. The cost of a Swiss or CN version with better bridges would sell for a LOT less.

Personally, I'd have to see the balance, but looking at the finish on the wind gears, and because I have see a Swiss one in detail, I'd say this one is a Swiss ETA 6497. That and I have yet to see a Chinese square bridged movt.

• 3 weeks later...
Woah there, nelly. Hold up a second!

If an AD pays about 1000, that'll be ex-vat, and the price he'll charge will be inc-vat. So, ex-vat, he's charging 1700. In other words, he's buying goods at 60% of retail value. Are you aware that 60% is standard wholesale price for almost every kind of shop? Your shoes will be bought at 60%, your sunglasses will be bought at 60%, your TV will be bought at 60%, but because it's a watch, it has to be different?

Markup is normal because he has to cover warranties, pay tax, pay salaries, pay for his AD licenses, pay his insurance, pay his rent ...

You can complain if you like, but it's hardly a crime unless you want to call every shopkeeper on the highstreet a criminal.

In my business the aveage markup over wholesale pruduct cost is more than 72% and more than 40% of businesses fail. Idon't fault the AD's one bit, especially since their margin is usually less than 60% since most watches are sold at a discount. The eggregious markups are the manufacturers--Muller charges AD's almost 6 grand for a stock 2892 powered SS conquistador.

i dont think so... without a close up of the gearing you can only tell by the balance wheel and it looks like the 18000BPH balance wheel (its slightly larger than the 21600BPH)

Just in case anyone hasn't read this old rwgI post....

You will learn about the three style 6497 movements..... unmodified bridges, modified bridges w panerai engraving, modified bridges w CDG. And explain sw regulator details.

Super read w detailed picks....

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...=ST&f=2&t=31858

LOL ! ah, I wrote that; enzo aka L_Swiss Made_L ... thanks for the plug!