When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Navitimer, the works...

polexpete

Okay,

i've been working on this and a Tricompax version but this being the easiest got finished first. Still not sure if the

Tricompax is possible we shall see...

Modelled on a 1996 tritum dial version

Specs:

- serie speciale base watch

- gen ETA7750 with A7750 signed rotor

- gen tritum dial

- Chiefs AR crystal

- Lello datewheel

- gen leather strap and buckle

Pics:

navi-3.jpg

navi-6.jpg

navi-5.jpg

navi-4.jpg

navi-1.jpg

navi-2.jpg

Cheers for looking

P.

Pete-

I think I just felt my pants tighten. I've not been a huge Breitling fan in the past, but I've been warming up to some of their pieces over the last few years. This particular watch just made me weak in the knees.

I love it... Wish it was mine. Cause, man... it looks GOOD!

:wub:

Hey guys,

thanks for your comments much appreciated...

Looks great. May I ask how much did you end up in price? BTW, please keep us updated with the 7753 project!

yodap, cost around 1k give or take a few bucks... as for the 7753, sorry know you've been hanging out to see how its going...

well, not so good. In short the case needs to be machined inside for the gen dial to fit. They come up bigger than 7750 dials.

Also when using a gen slide rule the movement sits too high so stem doesn't line up. I will post it in more details as soon as i get time.

Cheers

P.

Hey guys,

thanks for your comments much appreciated...

yodap, cost around 1k give or take a few bucks... as for the 7753, sorry know you've been hanging out to see how its going...

well, not so good. In short the case needs to be machined inside for the gen dial to fit. They come up bigger than 7750 dials.

Also when using a gen slide rule the movement sits too high so stem doesn't line up. I will post it in more details as soon as i get time.

Cheers

P.

Thanks for the information, don't give up!

Greetz.

as for the 7753, sorry know you've been hanging out to see how its going...

Cheers

P.

I know the Tricompax dial is slightly too large for the case, but I have seen gen dials fitted in the case by sanding a small amount off the outer edge of the dial. I'm interested to see if the 7753 will even fit in there? Have you tried the 7753 with the rep dial to see if it fits?

Aside from that, this old Navi looks spectacular. You can really see how polished the gen dial looks, and the proper date font looks awesome. Too bad the caseback numbers don't match. I've never understood why they don't do a super rep of this particular model. All the parts are in place and a properly repped dial & caseback is all that would be needed. We already have 7750s with the correct font, and most of the new reps have decent AR, why cant the apply this to the Navi? I'd buy one for sure!

Pardon my ignorance. Is this datewheel considered recessed like the reps?

Nope, this date is exactly how it should be like the gen. The datewheel is recessed on the 3-6-9 version of the Asian 7750 movement.

The date on the Asian 7750 6-9-12 isn't recessed either but the date window on the rep dials is too small.

Bet u still confused huh? Do a search on the A7750 you'll learn alot here...

Cheers

P.

Thanks P. I'll just have to keep on reading. Great looking watch by the way.

Nope, this date is exactly how it should be like the gen. The datewheel is recessed on the 3-6-9 version of the Asian 7750 movement.

The date on the Asian 7750 6-9-12 isn't recessed either but the date window on the rep dials is too small.

Bet u still confused huh? Do a search on the A7750 you'll learn alot here...

Cheers

P.