When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some Seamaster Sibling Rivalry

triplehd

Battle of my Fraken Seamasters - 2531 vs 2532

Both Seamasters modded with gen dials and gen hands. The 2531 has Cheif's double A/R where as the 2532 has single-sided A/R along with a gen insert.

BTW - notice the cases? Yep - the good ol' "closed factory" cases. The 2532 actually has a serial number on the lugs.

Enjoy the pics:

img1386n.jpg

img1380f.jpg

img1381zbi.jpg

img1384m.jpg

img1389.jpg

img1387x.jpg

img1390n.jpg

img1388s.jpg

Many thanks....im actually digging the 2532 and it seems to be getting more wrist time than my 2531. Hmmm...maybe one of my frakens need to go ??!?!?

To be continued........

SWEET!.

I like the 2531 case more tho...the crown guards are better. Although they are from closed factories....I think they are from different closed factories. I have both those exact same cases, IMO.

Did the white dial come from ebay? I'm almost positive I placed a bid on it :)

I'm currently looking for a red Omega dial that is only sold in japan.

-bosk

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! The Seamaster is def. my favorite modern watch with the Vintage Rolex Oyster Perpetual Chronometer (no date) and Vintage Omega Constellation 564 being tied for my two fav. vintages...wear them well!

I love this watch! :wub:

Soon I will recieve my first rep, a PO from Narikaa. The Seamaster Professional is definitely goint to be my next. I am even thinking about getting a gen.

Your photos just make me want it more! :D

Edited by MagnusW

Did the white dial come from ebay? I'm almost positive I placed a bid on it :)

I'm currently looking for a red Omega dial that is only sold in japan.

LOL...yep - came from ebay. There's a seller in Australia who had recently listed several Omega dials, including some 2531s, 2254 and some additional white and red seamaster dials. Both 2531 gen dials were sold for about $35. $35 for a used gen dial ?!?! What a great deal.

Excellent. The old SMP versions are real rep classics!

Amazing how good the Bond case is.

I was pretty lucky to come across some old cases. For the 2531, I purchased the case on RWI. The owner didnt realize he was parting with the closed case. As for the 2532, I was able to find a closed asian electric blue for sale and swapped those cases as well.

Ya never know what surprises you'll find in the sales section !!!! :)

Once completed, I will have Seamaster Sibling Rivalry Part II - The Seamaster 2254 vs the Electric Blue.

Many thanks M....just gotta learn on how to do that :)

Completed the Quartz version of the 2532 with a gold insert. I wish i could source a gold crown and HE vavle to add a nice touch to it as well. Ill post some pics soon.