When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Would You? Gen Omega PO Discussion

red

I just got a Gen Omega Planet Ocean 42mm.

I paid $1467. Does not come with box or papers, but it is certified genuine by Tourneau (got a little certificate). Has not skipped a single beat since it has been in my possession. Came with black rubber with deployant.

Was sold as excellent, but there is a small ding on the 5 minute marker on the bezel.

I can either return the watch (minus the $20 shipping), or I can keep the watch and get $50 off a future purchase.

What would you do?

Thanks for the replies. I see 45mm on TimeZone for about 1800. I am just uncomfortable about sending someone that much money for an item have yet to hold in my own hands.

And I much prefer the 42mm size, but don't see them up for sale as often.

The 42mm does fit very nicely, at that price i would definitely keep it and have a $50 credit put on a tab. The PO is a great watch, and it won't lose much (if any value) from the price you bought it at. Do you have pictures at all?

Wear it well :)

:) I know where you're coming from. If I create the ding, then fair enough, but when you first get a watch it is nice to have it in pristine condition. However, for a watch like this, and for the price you paid, you will soon forget that the mark is even there.

The main thing is that you're happy with it though. If you love the watch, but don't like the ding, I am pretty sure you'll not notice it after a while. However, if you're not keen on the watch, and the ding is the final straw then that is different.

What a coincidence. I bought that watch first but declined it after I examined the photos more and then found out how much metal bracelets cost. I was able to get out of having them ship it to me because I pointed out their description of the item was incorrect, they had the wrong ref numbers.

What a coincidence. I bought that watch first but declined it after I examined the photos more and then found out how much metal bracelets cost. I was able to get out of having them ship it to me because I pointed out their description of the item was incorrect, they had the wrong ref numbers.

I thought I had gotten lucky when the watch appeared again.

I am leaning towards keeping it and buying one of Narikaa's rubbers for $30. I bought a rep bracelet from a forum member to try out.

It's either this or getting a Sinn U1.

For the money the PO is in a class of it's own really. The Co-axial is a little workshorse, the AR is great, lume is outrageous, and the finsih of all of the watch is superb. I would personally keep it rather than going for a Sinn. But again it's something personal, and if it doesn't feel right then act quick and take them up on their offer :)

For the money the PO is in a class of it's own really. The Co-axial is a little workshorse, the AR is great, lume is outrageous, and the finsih of all of the watch is superb. I would personally keep it rather than going for a Sinn. But again it's something personal, and if it doesn't feel right then act quick and take them up on their offer :)

The AR is superb, and the Co-Axial movement (from what I read) is pretty amazing. The lume is also scary bright, and I have owned pieces lumed by Vac.

I guess I am 90% sure I am going to keep it. Like some members mentioned I don't think the watch will be losing its value.

I purchased a pre-owned Doxa.. brand new 5 or 6k

I paid a 1/3 of that.. there were more scratches on the bezel.. I polished some of them out.. but you cannot expect a spotless watch unless you want go to the AD and pay full price.. and unless it's a vintage collectible or a LV.. like cars it will depreciate as soon as you walk out the door..

doxa600t004.jpg

so enjoy your aquisition.. you did get a good buy .. :)

A~C

Lani

I never understood why small scratches bother people on a sports watch. It's a hardcore diving tool and scratches only make it handsome!!! I understand if it's completely beat up but those little scratches from "desk diving"... who cares!!?

I'm very easy on my watches. For some reason I can't get them scratched even though I wouldn't even mind getting some. :D

PS: Moved a Omega thread to Omega section.