When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Vintage Rolex Oyster Perpetual Chronometer quick review and pictorial

Shundi

Vintage Rolex Oyster Perpetual

My latest review and pictorial (I apologize in advance for the blurry, indoor photos- I'll add some outdoor/natural light photos tomorrow)

The Rolex Oyster Perpetual... one of my favorite Rolexes of all time and, more importantly, one of my favorite watches of all time.

First, a bit of history (not that you're not familiar with it)

From Repair-Place.com:

A History of Rolex Watches

Hans Wilsdorf founded the company we now know as Rolex in 1905. Born in Kulmbach, Germany in 1881, the company, Wilsdorf & Davies, was based in London. By 1908 it had become one of the leading watch companies in the UK. It was in this year that he coined the name Rolex.

Official Chronometer Certification was awarded to Rolex in 1910 from the

Its a beautiful piece. I love old stuff in general and old watches even more!

You have very fine taste. Boston, brings back memories, I moved 10 years ago, but still miss it now and again. Born and raised there.

Pats and Red Sox, no one can ever say the fans didnt pay their dues with losing seasons to make up for all the wins the last few years. :D

Beautiful Rolex, wear it in good health.

@BROM, Freddy, S- thanks guys!

Compliments on a Rolex from Freddy and S are quite humbling as they are some of the most experienced Rollie (gen and rep) people I know!

Hope to get pictures up tomorrow... it's a rainy day here in Massachusetts :headhurt:

• 1 month later...

I know, I'm very strange.

Good Lord. Where does that leave me?

Missed this first time around Shund. Glad you bumped it. Classic! This is like a Freddy 333 piece. I have to say though I think I preferred it on leather. Is there a market for vintage gen Rolex leather? Hmmmmmm.

This watch would be over the top on my Croc w/Deployant rep band...............but it would have to be a gen one to do service to the watch. Of course.

Cheers!

16613.jpg

16613II.jpg

• 1 month later...