When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Graduation Watch?

nauticaboy25

Hello everyone out there in RWG world...

I am graduation in Aug. and i am trying to find the perfect watch to go with the Cap and Gown i have to wear. This is a big day for me since i am graduating from Undergrad...i am looking for a watch that will go right into my career. I am a Econ major so i guess price will influence the final decision...but i need some help on idea...thanks in advance for all your help...

Hello everyone out there in RWG world...

I am graduation in Aug. and i am trying to find the perfect watch to go with the Cap and Gown i have to wear. This is a big day for me since i am graduating from Undergrad...i am looking for a watch that will go right into my career. I am a Econ major so i guess price will influence the final decision...but i need some help on idea...thanks in advance for all your help...

depends how u wanna position urself i guess.. if u wanna be seen as that "ooh i just graduated and im rich" i reckon a tag carrera daydate is good... but if u just want a nice watch.. i personally prefer breitling or panerai.. but no one will probably notice ur watch.. thats my 2 cents anyway

Hmm, I have seen many a TAG Heuer given in this scenario. It is somewhat plausible / believable. Unless you come from big $$$ and are graduating from the Ivy League, and can pull of going big.

I think a Rolex at this point might still invoke the automatic "is that fake" response (real or gen) :( .

The Tag Day Date is a very sporty watch...but classy as well. I like the black/orange Tag Aquaracer as well. In person, it has a nice presence, nice build quality...good choice.

A UPO is a good choice as well...nice, understated...and if Bond can wear one in a tux...versatile.

Congrats on the accomplishment!

For the sake of sounding like a bore and a parrot........the Omega 2531.80 is a must :)

I love this watch, and for the money I can't think of any watch out there that comes close to it....or maybe I choose not to think about it :D Either way, it's a great watch, highly recognisable if you want that kind of thing and just soo soo comfortable.

Thanks for the help...you all have helped me narrow it down...i had the UPO and maybe a Breitling Colt...Rolex was off the table since like someone said above...not rich and not graduating from a Ivy League..lol...i know the robe will cover it up...but you know i will see the watch in Pictures and the diploma...and didnt want a Timex on...so when i look back to when i can afford to have gens just like my reps..i can say..i had great style even in my younger days...lol