When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A tribute to the classic Explorer, the Everest watch... Show yours!

chefcook

Hello everybody,

actually the watch that gets most wrist time in my stable is the classic Explorer, the watch that has been on Mt. Everest and probably the watch with the longest production time without being replaced by something new.

It is small, but does not look like a small watch. It has some wrist presence, but is light at 103gr. It wears so comfortable that I sometimes have to check if it still is on my wrist. Probably it is the perfect size, even now on the big watch craze.

It is elegant enough to be worn with a suit, with casual wear it looks sporty and it is robust enough to be worn on an expedition and any other outdoor activity. It is perfect for every occasion.

281djk1.jpg

2d8iebr.jpg

2ewjrdt.jpg

2d4acj.jpg

2wlufrc.jpg

2a0ewao.jpg

2h68rb5.jpg

epooef.jpg

15gwe9y.jpg

I love the ExpI... in the pictures. But damn it's SO small.

But I have many times thought about adding one into my collection anyway. Such a basic but classy piece.

thank you mr. alligoat,

now i seem to remember you having a rolex 369 dial no crown mil sub....do you still have it and where did you get it if you dont mind me asking,

kin tama

I had the 3,6,9 Submariner dial in a cheap 5513 CN rep- came from Paul 3-4 years ago with a swiss eta for $169. Swapped out a better aftermarket 5513 dial because I could never figure out how to get rid of the greenish dial print- it was supposed to be gold.

post-175-1245782805_thumb.jpg

I still have the watch, movement runs fine. I have thought about putting it in an MBW 5513 case..... all it takes is more money.

@ bytor, the exp I is "kinda" small, but even after wearing my br02 or UPO for a few days, I can slip the exp I on and it just wears perfectly. it never causes any sort of discomfort, or is bothersome. it really holds its own.

I should note, my wife shares your sentiment about the size of the exp I, but only when I wear it with short sleeves, and she never comments on the size of my watches.