When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor dial on the bay

TeeJay

I've purchased the same dial a few times over from this seller. I've paid around $100 - $115; I've seen similar dials selling for around $250-ish or so as well. However, you should know that these dials are delivered with painted plots for hour indicies only; no lume. That may account for part of the low selling prices? Difficult to say for certain.

I can confirm, however that they are genuine and not refinished LePrelet dials:

IMG_5709.jpg

BTW, if you miss out on this one, or get outbid, don't fret; watchco will probably relist another at some point :)

I've purchased the same dial a few times over from this seller. I've paid around $100 - $115; I've seen similar dials selling for around $250-ish or so as well. However, you should know that these dials are delivered with painted plots for hour indicies only; no lume. That may account for part of the low selling prices? Difficult to say for certain.

I can confirm, however that they are genuine and not refinished LePrelet dials:

IMG_5709.jpg

BTW, if you miss out on this one, or get outbid, don't fret; watchco will probably relist another at some point :)

Thanks for the input :) That kind of price range is good, but definitely out of my reach at the moment... I'm hoping it'll stay below $30, but I expect people will start making bids and putting the price up :D I had noticed the warning about the non lume, but thanks for the heads up :) That's good to know that they relist, so I'll definitely keep an eye on them, as I think this model dial will work best for my project sub :)

Ahhh... Interesting. When I purchased mne, I don't think they had the missing lume disclosed, so I was going off of memory after seeing the seller and the item :) I wonder if they had some people complaining about that?

:)

Well, let's hope it stays low, but it's got 5+ days to go. A lot can (or might not) happen in that time frame :) I think it would be a good buy even if it levels off at around $70-ish...

Ahhh... Interesting. When I purchased mne, I don't think they had the missing lume disclosed, so I was going off of memory after seeing the seller and the item :) I wonder if they had some people complaining about that?

:)

Well, let's hope it stays low, but it's got 5+ days to go. A lot can (or might not) happen in that time frame :) I think it would be a good buy even if it levels off at around $70-ish...

It could be that they had some complaints and decided to change their auction listing to reflect the lack of lume. I have to admit, I'm surprized that a gen dial would be without lume, but, I guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles :)

Indeed, a lot can happen... My guess is it'll stay relatively low, but then some fool will try sticking in a high bid in hopes of keeping it, and the price then escalating from there... Only time will tell :)

It could be that they had some complaints and decided to change their auction listing to reflect the lack of lume. I have to admit, I'm surprized that a gen dial would be without lume, but, I guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles :)

Indeed, a lot can happen... My guess is it'll stay relatively low, but then some fool will try sticking in a high bid in hopes of keeping it, and the price then escalating from there... Only time will tell :)

Watchco is a great group of guys. I've gotten two of these dials before from them. One was $59 IIRC and hte other was for $100. I was outbid on their last one for $104.

I don't know about other RSC's but for some reason the Australian RSC's don't have lumed dials. The dials are delivered there in an unlumed fashion and they are lumed as needed by either the RSC or by an outside vendor. I own and have owned another snowflake Tudor that were serviced at the Australian RSC and both were like this (lumed by the RSC) as they were Tritium marked service dials.

If someone sent in a 9401 to the RSC in Australia, they would put either a snowflake service dial (if they have any) on or they would put one of these on it. Lumed there in Luminova even though it is tritium marked.

Watchco is a great group of guys. I've gotten two of these dials before from them. One was $59 IIRC and hte other was for $100. I was outbid on their last one for $104.

I don't know about other RSC's but for some reason the Australian RSC's don't have lumed dials. The dials are delivered there in an unlumed fashion and they are lumed as needed by either the RSC or by an outside vendor. I own and have owned another snowflake Tudor that were serviced at the Australian RSC and both were like this (lumed by the RSC) as they were Tritium marked service dials.

If someone sent in a 9401 to the RSC in Australia, they would put either a snowflake service dial (if they have any) on or they would put one of these on it. Lumed there in Luminova even though it is tritium marked.

That's interesting indeed, thanks for the info, at least it explains the un-lumed dials. I guess I'd best keep my fingers crossed for a very low winning bid :lol:

TeeJay, the bay also has what appears to be a gen ETA 2784 with nice looking Tudor markings on the rotor. Maybe someone can confirm that it is indeed gen?

It can be found here

I wouldn't like to say for sure if it is gen, but it sure looks nice :)

Teejay,

You might check with Howard at WCT to see if he still has any of these. Looks like the same dial and a good price.

Thanks for the link :) As Chefcook mentioned, I think the size of that dial might be too small, but it might well be worth me sending an email for a general enquiry :) Thanks again for the information :good:

Good luck with your chase TeeJay! I have had a bid or two on several dials from this seller (though not the sub dial). I have not yet been successful. I think I have snatched a bargain, but always get sniped right at the end! AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHH! <_<

Keep on trying I guess!

Thanks, bro :) Since seeing this model Tudor dial, I've thought it would be nice to have one. I'm still keeping an eye on the above dial, just out of curiosity to see how high it actually goes for :D I have to admit, I'm something of a sniper myself :D Best of luck with your purchase :good: