When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Full ceramic Hublot from Tony

Mickey Padge

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem, I know a few peeps have been waiting for this piece, also, you mean ceramic case, yes? Not ti :p

LOL! Yep I meant ceramic.

This may be my first HBB via default as I have always wanted a gold rep without the coating issue.

Looks great!

My only problem is that ceramic cases are almost half the weight of SS/plated ones. I love their lightness/durability but it might feel weird to wear a gold watch with the feather weight of ceramic. BTW even the SS/plated feels light when compared to the genuine gold one.

BTW I would get the black ceramic bezel version. More accurate in weight and IMO THE one BigBang to rule them all :)

Don't forget that the ceramic parts attach to the inner steel casing on all these rep Hublot's, so they still have some weight too them, there is not that much difference between the ceramic or steel cases really. Although nothing compares to the gen gold HBB's weight, gold plated steel or otherwise....

B)

I have 3 different H BB: a RG/PC, a SS/SS, and an Ayrton Senna Ceramic/Ceramic. The AS CC always feels fresh, polished, and light. I love all 3 of them, but the difference in weight is noticeable (especially if you wear one of them for a few days in a row, then switch) :)

And you are right, having tried on a few real gold watches, even the standard SS feels feather weight.

So the weight on this thing would be off? and shipping pretty reliable to the US lol. I don't have a hublot yet but I am looking at this one.

Yes, as its not genuine 18K gold like on the gen.. all rep versions of this watch will be off in weight, until the factories make one using real gold :)

Yep, you an me both! no fillings here either, but one titanium tooth implant and too much fizzy pop :lol:

I got so fed up with going to the Dentest and spending those crazy prices. One day I said "fuc It" I had all of them pulled, no teeth no Dentest bills :thumbsupsmileyanim: I saved the teeth and made a nice necklace, and thats the tooth :pardon: Mike

Very true, re-plating is easy and cheap

Replating Rose Gold is a pain - hard to get the color to match.

I guess it wouldn't be too bad on a clasp if the color is a bit off as it's not right next to the case.

I've had good luck touching up yellow gold with Caswell kits, but they don't make Rose Gold because of the color issue.

Of course, you could always just black oxide it for a bit of contrast. I think that would look fine.

ARGH! I can't stand seafood! :lol:

:g: Lets see here Mickey, you are from London, right? How about creamy onion soup or Cheshire soup. Maybe a nice bowl of Medieval Sowpys Dorry :unsure: dont know about that one,lol. If not those how about a nice cup of English Grass soup. My favorite Is cream of potato with cheader cheese and leeks with a good ale, now were talking. :thumbsupsmileyanim: The Hublot Is a watch that took time for me to warm up too. When I first saw It I thought It was plane looking and nothing special. But the more I looked at them the more I liked them. The whole "infussion of materials" concept was kinda cool. I picked up a quartz Big Bang. I wanted to make sure that I liked It before spending more money, those buggers are quite pricey. :shock: Nice Hublot Mickey, enjoy your soup ;) Mike

Thanks Mickey, I never actually realised these Hublots were now coming with the black date wheels until I saw this thread and your other Hublot sale thread- shows how much attention I pay! ;) I really love the RG hublot and could never justify going for a gen hublot (or panerai) so will definitely have to pick one of these updated ones up!