When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Collector "Faked pictures" ? WTF?

oberblender

No comment about that picture... but lots of people seem to fake their lume shots these days. Here and in the gen forums too. It's not nice.

I have done doctored lume shots as well... but I have never "colored" anything... just used the double layer PhotoShop trick... and ALWAYS mentioned about it. This picture is a good example of 2/layers /dark shot/light shot combined together.

Easy way to spot a fake lume shot (esp. Rolex) is the complete lack of green reflection on the rehaut and crystal. Any bozo can use the lasso tool and color the lumed areas green, but faking the reflection is much tougher.

The layer trick is fun to do occasionally but not "authentic"... but completely fake PS lume is totally embarrassing (at least when you don't mention about it).

if it is not fake it would have to be some kind of new dial with glowing writing... don't even think the gen has that... (strange however is that the hands have no lume at all, but the red dot is glowing...) red lume???

Glowing writing is nothing special. If the dial is screen-printed, it's simple enough.

Here are some of my unfaked lumeshots:

Gen Seiko

seiko-lume-1.jpg

Rep Panerai with not-so-good lume:

183-09-640.jpg

Rep IWC with ok lume:

3717-07-640.jpg

if it is not fake it would have to be some kind of new dial with glowing writing... don't even think the gen has that... (strange however is that the hands have no lume at all, but the red dot is glowing...) red lume???

Red lume is not an impossibility. Also, if the factory are silkscreening the lume onto the dial, it's certainly possible that they included the branding in that process (such as the silkscreened lume on the IWC Aquatimer bezel)...

Given that Polo is a new dealer, I would think that the admin have taken steps to ensure that photos are accurate to the product displayed :)

I think the red dot is the glow of the camera, the iptcdata of this pic says it has an 10sec of exposure so it's probably made with a selftimer explaining the red lightdot, to me this is not a faked shot, maybe pushed the saturation a bit

I think the red dot is the glow of the camera, the iptcdata of this pic says it has an 10sec of exposure so it's probably made with a selftimer explaining the red lightdot, to me this is not a faked shot, maybe pushed the saturation a bit

nope, it is the second hand, this is a u-boat.