When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are men obsolete and unnecessary?

Chronus

Are they trying to make men obsolete and unnecessary? Can a woman really live without a man ? I doubt it ;) Even if they don't need a man to make a baby....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8142104.stm

Yeah, it's all fun and games until she puts her car in a ditch at 30F below zero. Then does she call her lady friend? No, she calls her man with the 4WD and tow chain.

Plaything? I can quit working and be a boy toy? Do you mean to tell me I could get PAID just for being an accessory? Sign me up!!

:Jumpy:

Seriously though does anyone else think that scientists are getting way ahead of themselves here?

I mean I don't support human cloning but surly you need to perfect that stage and understand the ramifications before bypassing the lot and just grow human sperm?

There is so very much they still need to understand about normal humans before they can safely grow them, you take two healthy looking sperm and I bet there is not a scientist in the world that can say the one on the left will be a genius and the one on the right an axe murder.

Ken

Seriously though does anyone else think that scientists are getting way ahead of themselves here?

I mean I don't support human cloning but surly you need to perfect that stage and understand the ramifications before bypassing the lot and just grow human sperm?

There is so very much they still need to understand about normal humans before they can safely grow them, you take two healthy looking sperm and I bet there is not a scientist in the world that can say the one on the left will be a genius and the one on the right an axe murder.

Ken

Amen to that...

... now where do I sign up as a plaything? :lol:

Unfortunately Ken, if it were possible to look at a genome and determine it was going to produce an axe murderer, I wouldn't want to live in that world.

The idea of genetically building a Super Race was tried... and failed.

And thank God for that.

Edit: no feminists were harmed during the making of this posting.

Yes I understand that Nanuq but my point is that at the spermatozoa stage we do not have he knowledge yet to say whether they would be genetically flawed or not.

Ahhhhh, there's where you're wrong! "Two X chromosomes? Good. One X and one Y? FLAWED!"

:)

Edit: no feminists were harmed during the writing of this post, but one suspects they are now quite miffed.

Ahh Nannie my succulent salmon, you used to love crossing my chromosomes :wub:

It's not about X and Y it's just X marks the spot. :)

I remember those night's way up North where men are men and bears are frightened. :o

Men will never be obsolete as long as there are women with desires like mine....I'm coming to get you big boy XXXXX

Edit; 2 feminists were roundhouse kicked and 1 karate chopped when they tried to stop this post. :ph34r:

HOLY CRAP!!!! :o

Oh Lord, it's back. Er, SHE'S back. Hey Zig, is it too late to come hide in your suitcase? SAVE ME!!!

I hereby bequeath all my vintage Rollies to the Smithsonian should this beartrap in lipstick hunt me out.

:ph34r:

HOLY CRAP!!!! :o

Oh Lord, it's back. Er, SHE'S back. Hey Zig, is it too late to come hide in your suitcase? SAVE ME!!!

I hereby bequeath all my vintage Rollies to the Smithsonian should this beartrap in lipstick hunt me out.

HAH HAH...good to have Miss U. back on the block...

Nannie my succulent salmon you can deny our love to the world but you forget I still have the photo of our last meeting when you had to go out and blow snow for an hour to cool your ardour........

pyzamsnowbutt.jpg

XXX :kiss1:

Edit; One stubborn feminist needed a half nelson and a floor slam this time. :black_eye:

Good Lord, she's ON to me! Ken, can I come hide at your place for awhile? She's got the snowblower photo out, who's to tell what else she has up her sleeve!

I mean, one (or two) innocent little romps in the cabin and now I swear she has an NSA satellite tasked on me.

Clone reproduction would put the uman race to extinction unless you also include mutation and crossover into the method.

Evolution needs variants to select, but perfect cloning makes perfect copies of the parent being instead. Viruses, bacteria and parasites would keep evolving, while their prey's (us) genomas would stay identical through ages. Viruses, bacteria and parasites would win hands down quite rapidly -- a few thousands years, I would say.

A few thousands years are a time long enough to let Medicine discover new ways to cope with viruses, bacteria and parasites, still this would not be enough. You cannot win a mutating enemy (AIDS teaches) if you stay the same.

And -- introducing mutation and crossover in reproduction is a problem that the Nature already solved quite efficiently. By selecting sexual reproduction. :)

About the axe murderer issue: even if we could predict the phenotype resulting from a given genotype, this would not be enough to tell a future axe murderer. In the human race, genotype counts only for about 50% of our mind, the remaining 50% being modeled and driven by our individual life and interactions especially with other human beings.

And -- welcome back, Miss Understood! :shock:

Oh, isn't it a lovely day here in Hawaii, with the sun and surf. All the way down here, far far away from the arctic, with the sun and the sand and the shave ice. How I love it here in Hawaii so far away from Alaska! I sure hope I don't get sunburnt all the way down here in the tropics so far from Alaska! Gee is that a sunset over Diamondhead? What a romantic, beautiful sight all the way down here in Hawaii! I bet Miss Understood would love this!

:whistling:

AAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, wait. (cough) Um, well...

GEE LOOK HOW NICE THE BEACH IS HERE AT PHUKET, THAILAND!! Wow, the sand... the sun... GEE IT'S BEAUTIFUL ALL THE WAY DOWN SOUTH HERE IN PHUKET SO VERY VERY FAR FROM ALASKA!!! I mean Hawaii was nice, but this? This??? I just LOVE IT here in the beach all the way down south here in Phuket so very far from my home in the arctic! Boy here at 7.885912 North Latitude and 98.276396 East Longitude all the way down here away from the arctic the sun is just SO HOT it makes me take my shirt off. Gee I sure hope Miss Understood doesn't find me here on this hot, sunny beach!

1163809563_a425b78898.jpg