When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pictorial of a gen. Rolex GMT IIc 116710

lazarini

Hi all.

I got my GMT II 116710 Ceramic today, some of you noticed the un-boxing pics i did HERE.

My personal feeling about it is that Rolex made the right move, by saying that i mean the new super sized case (or brick case as some people call it) the return of the maxi dial, the over sized hands and the new cerachrom bezel insert are all a big improvement in my book.

This watch features also the trip lock crown (opposite to the twin lock found on early models) and the new IMHO phenomenal solid mid and end link bracelet with the new improved clasp featuring useful easy link.

Some will say CGs are ugly, case looks weird, bracelet mid links shod not be polished, watch is to blingy in general la la la... these are just personal preferences.

Yes sure its shiny but in a good way ;) if i wanna go low key i snap on my EXP II, if i wanna go sporty i put on the SUB...

I think its a hell of a piece... and you shod get one ASAP... rep or gen that is!

I came home few hours back and puled out my DSLR to make a few better pictures of this watch for ure consideration... hope u will enjoy them as much as i did taking them ;)

p.s. pardon some dust...

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

w2.jpg

w1.jpg

w5.jpg

w7.jpg

w8.jpg

w6.jpg

Kind regards, Laz

Congrats Laz!

You seem to be on a roll now. So many gens in such a short time. Great watches man! :D

PS: One thing you forgot to mention about this watch is the movement... it's one of the best GMT movements ever done (and definitely the most practical).

When I knew you were after one of these; I made it my personal little mission to aquire my own gen 116710 before you got yours, because you had other watches coming and going and the whole time my love and wants were fixated on the GMT IIc throughout ;)

Unfortunately, needless to say, I failed. Nor does it look like I'll have the gen in any sort of time scale I'd hoped for.

So I say; through gritted teeth, congratulations on your new purchase! I am truely, truely envious.

Laz, my friend, you manage the gen stuff very well.

They come, you test, they go, ...very nice way of getting experience and a new hobby itself.

I hope you'll like this one and if not, well, maybe the next one will be your fav.

I agree with you about the design and look & feel of this watch.

I'll wear my rep today again to try to like it a bit.

Of course, a rep will remain a rep but it's so close from what I heard !

Have a great time :D

The GMT IIc 116710LN really set the milestone for the new era for Rolex. New CG shape, new case style, new brushed pattern at the lugs, new GMT movement, 1st Rolex model to use the ceramic bezel......... the list is endless.

In terms of elegance and functionality, none of the post GMT IIc models come close.

Yeah, you will say the DSSD is superb in terms of the diving depth, but who will go that deep unless you want to get yourself squashed by the high pressure? Or if you want to have a strong left arm wearing a big chuck of metal on your wrist.

Milguass has the anti-magnetic feature, and yet how many of us are exposing to the super strong magnetic field - unless you want to get your genes go crazy.

But with the GMT, it is almost useful for each of us in the daily life.

Great shots and great watch! I love the ceramic bezel and I really, really, really like the polished mid links! It creates such a great contrast with the brushed sides.

Not too blingy in my book! Enjoy it! :wub:

I cud not agree more with you, thx!

Congrats Laz!

You seem to be on a roll now. So many gens in such a short time. Great watches man! :D

PS: One thing you forgot to mention about this watch is the movement... it's one of the best GMT movements ever done (and definitely the most practical).

Yes yo are right BT, the movement is an improved classic with the new parachrom blue hairspring that handles like a dream.

Nice pickup Laz :wub:

Now I miss my rep :(

Thank you, yea you shud maybe reconsider ;)

When I knew you were after one of these; I made it my personal little mission to aquire my own gen 116710 before you got yours, because you had other watches coming and going and the whole time my love and wants were fixated on the GMT IIc throughout ;)

Unfortunately, needless to say, I failed. Nor does it look like I'll have the gen in any sort of time scale I'd hoped for.

So I say; through gritted teeth, congratulations on your new purchase! I am truely, truely envious.

I see ;) well for what is worth ure on the right track this is a splendid watch that is build and finished of very nice. Dont sweat fo much u set ure goal now just follow it to the finish you will get there im sure. Good luck and thanks.

nice !

perfect reason to let the UN go :D

whats next ?

cheers,

Frank

Frank my friend i agree this was worth selling the UN, its all about personal taste not that the UN isent a great watch!

Whats next? Hmmm hard to say but im sure to keep u posted... whatever it might be its going to take some time for me to save up some money since i do not see myself getting rid of the 3 pieces i have now anywhere soon ;)

Beautiful. It really is amazing wear it well. I miss my rep and it was such a pracical watch when i have the means i might have to put this one on the Gen list in the future.

Thank you.

Very nice. The one Rolex I might own someday.

Yep i saw quite a few pam fans also owning this GMT i dont know but its something on it that attracts them.

Hey Laz, I'm curious why you sold the Fish.

Curious because I'm considering the gen as well (although the blue one).

Hi BT. Simple really it is just not my kind of watch... all do beautiful. I think SFSO is a great value for the money u can pick them up for. Built like a tank runs smooth (mine was +2sec/24h) i cant say nothing negative on it still if u dont wear it what the point?

Laz, my friend, you manage the gen stuff very well.

They come, you test, they go, ...very nice way of getting experience and a new hobby itself.

I hope you'll like this one and if not, well, maybe the next one will be your fav.

I agree with you about the design and look & feel of this watch.

I'll wear my rep today again to try to like it a bit.

Of course, a rep will remain a rep but it's so close from what I heard !

Have a great time :D

Stephane u cant knock them till u try them right? :) I mean watches look great on pictures but there is so many variables that decide if the watch is a keeper, you only know it when u wear one for a while. Regarding GEN/REP comparison i handled your and gurus rep on the GTG and from a meter away they look identical to the real deal (minus the AR ed cyclops that on the gen produces a hole like no glass effect... seen in my first 2 pictures in this thread). When inspected close up there are some differences but again to me the end finish and bracelet are not the same the rep bracelet just feels rep to me i do not know how to put it, but when we meet ill give u the gen to try and im sure u will notice the difference instantaneously.

The GMT IIc 116710LN really set the milestone for the new era for Rolex. New CG shape, new case style, new brushed pattern at the lugs, new GMT movement, 1st Rolex model to use the ceramic bezel......... the list is endless.

In terms of elegance and functionality, none of the post GMT IIc models come close.

Yeah, you will say the DSSD is superb in terms of the diving depth, but who will go that deep unless you want to get yourself squashed by the high pressure? Or if you want to have a strong left arm wearing a big chuck of metal on your wrist.

Milguass has the anti-magnetic feature, and yet how many of us are exposing to the super strong magnetic field - unless you want to get your genes go crazy.

But with the GMT, it is almost useful for each of us in the daily life.

Spot on my feelings again from the new lineup atm this is the most functional / proportional / nicest looking watch IMHO.

LAZ

I still find this watch absolutely stunning. Never understood the "Bling"-problem. Don't think it's blingy at all.

When I compare the Gen at the AD to my Rep everything about the Gen looks sharper, more to the point. The black is blacker, the green of the GMT hand is greener, the shine is shinier.

Hard to express really but I think this gen is definitively worth the bucks (if you can ever say this of a time-measuring instrument more expensive than a cell phone).

Wear it well, Laz. I'm very jealous.

Val.

I still find this watch absolutely stunning. Never understood the "Bling"-problem. Don't think it's blingy at all.

When I compare the Gen at the AD to my Rep everything about the Gen looks sharper, more to the point. The black is blacker, the green of the GMT hand is greener, the shine is shinier.

Hard to express really but I think this gen is definitively worth the bucks (if you can ever say this of a time-measuring instrument more expensive than a cell phone).

Wear it well, Laz. I'm very jealous.

Val.

I cud not agree more with ure comments regarding GEN/REP comparison then again for the price payed the end finish differs and understandably so. I need to get someone to send me a rep of the GMT2C (someone from EU willing to contribute to a REP/GEN shootout PM me) and ill try to show the difference as best as i can on pics. Thanks again for your comment.

Laz my friend,

congrats to your nice next Gen :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Good decision to let the UN go for this beauty....

Wear it well

D. my friend thx :D will do amigo!

LAZ

I need to get someone to send me a rep of the GMT2C (someone from EU willing to contribute to a REP/GEN shootout PM me) and ill try to show the difference as best as i can on pics.

Laz, I think that's a very good idea, it would be very interesting to do a side by side comparison. But I'm afraid I can't help you with mine. I would trust YOU anytime. But I live in the only middle European country that's got a severe custom control also for packages from inside EU, so no sending around without absolute necessity (if you happen to be in Southern Germany, drop me a PM, we could find a solution).

Kind regards

Valerian

WOW! LAZ, congrats my friend! Excellent choice! One of my favorite Rollie!

Thank you F. my friend!

Laz, I think that's a very good idea, it would be very interesting to do a side by side comparison. But I'm afraid I can't help you with mine. I would trust YOU anytime. But I live in the only middle European country that's got a severe custom control also for packages from inside EU, so no sending around without absolute necessity (if you happen to be in Southern Germany, drop me a PM, we could find a solution).

Kind regards

Valerian

Np ill try to find something closer and more secure. Thx anyway appreciate the kind words.

Great watch you got here Laz.

Would like to see it in flesh on th next GTG.

Carpe Diem

Cats

B. thx... for sure looking forward to see u again soon.

@ ALL... From pics above i realized i missed to take the lume shoot :whistling: so i took one now ;)

lume.jpg

Laz