When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Grail 196 finished.....

scotty

Having originally been fleeced on a 7750 196 (sold as a 7753), my adventures started a couple of years back for a 'proper' 196.

The evolution is roughly:

2007 - purchase of new case 7753 196 from Trusty

Summer 2007 - full re-lume by finepics. The watch got caught up in the problems at the time, but finally made it's way home.

mid 2008 - install Lello DW and full movement service by a local watchsmith.

2009 April - bought a HK Tan custom gator deployment strap

May 2009 - purchase of old case and dial (already Zig lumed) from Beano

Transplant done in US, but mix up on hands (spares supplied not lumed were fitted)

July 2009 - Watch sent to my mate Hijack here in Spain to finish off luming of hands, and add T60 crown

This Saturday the bracelet arrived from Namor - great purchase and great guy.....

Patience, nerves etc etc etc

Some pics - those with the gator strap are the watch just back from the US in the old case, but before Hijack did the hands and crown......

post-3909-1248074627_thumb.jpg

post-3909-1248074648_thumb.jpg

post-3909-1248074683_thumb.jpg

post-3909-1248074711_thumb.jpg

post-3909-1248074733_thumb.jpg

post-3909-1248074747_thumb.jpg

Long haul, lots of sending about, lots of nerves. But I think it's looking pretty good now. Finished - save a gen crown guard that will probably never appear......

A keeper?

That's one sweet looking piece!!! Great lume job and datewheel! Enough to have me sold on it... :p

One thing i really admire is the patience you guys have to send it back n forth for mods.... the waiting game..... i cant stop wearing me enuf to send it for mods. :D

Beauty!! Can't wait to finish of my 77753 188. Have the T crown burning a hole in my pocket just waiting on my Leo wheel

Thanks all again.

These comments make me appreciate it all the more......

And as stated many times before; what a great community.

Next project - manage a signed pass from the wife to be able to go to a GTG. or better - bring her along for the fun. Especially if organised by now famous hosts here.

And if anyone ever fancies visiting Barcelona.......

Awesome piece my friend. Given the rarity of gen daylights, this will be a conversational piece everytime. 7753 daylights are the way to go. I have my 250 on right now and like Tanya, awaiting patiently for LEO's DWs to complete my 188 project as well.

Wear it well....mate.

Cheers

siesta181