When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Emilys Panerai

FxrAndy

Well after the case mod yesterdayEmily (my 10 yr old) built her first panerai, the whole issue did not go as planned with me needing to steal the hands off my 177 as i managed to bent the hour hand trying to get the min hand to sit flat after emily could not press it down far enough, the new hands needed modding as the tube for the min hand was too long (I did the modding) then the case back did not want to sit flat, something about Ti threads always feel rough to me, but it is finished now and she is off to bed.

I have got to admit i was never taken by brown dials on bams untill you see one in the flesh, they look wonderful!

Have a look for your self

DSCF0097.jpg

DSCF0100.jpg

DSCF0099.jpg

Here you can see the effect of the shortend rehaute

And one last shot so that you can see the hand that made it

DSCF0101.jpg

Was there ever a destro TI brown dial made???

Great job Emily! 10yrs old, eh. She did a better job than I did on my first assembly :)

I've never seen a destro with the tobacco (brown) dial. Where did you source that one? I've actually been trying to find a non-destro tobacco sandwich dial with seconds at 9, as I love the tobacco/titanium combo.

Funny how we tend to inspire our little ones :)

My 5 year old is constantly watching me put things together, and one day wanted to try his hand at it as well. So, I opened one of my spares boxes to him and let him pick and choose the parts he liked. I then walked him through the process of fitting the dial, setting the hands and casing everything up. I need to snap a pic of his handy work, but he did a great job in building a very interesting fantasy Rolex :)

Your daughter did a fantastic job on her project! Planting the seeds for future hobbyists...