When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Start of the Week Wrist Check

dluddy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got a new one in yesterday...Omega Seamaster 2220.80. I think it looks, pearl is centered - too big, but centered, HE valve is ever so slightly offset at 10...but the bracelet is amazing! Screws instead of pins, but the clasp is waaay nicer than on my 42mm Planet Ocean! The feet on the Omega point up a little bit but not terribly :wounded1: ..Anyways - wearing it at least thru tomorrow!

17604395.jpg

My dad had the same motor! Yamaha XS650 :)

Sadly he sold it two weeks ago, he had it for 32 years, was in exceptional great nick

Your dad has good taste. But mine is a 1972 XS2 (the XS650 was a later model), which I have owned since the bike was 3 (model) years old (with no plans to sell). The XS2 is on permanent display as part of the classic motorcycle exhibit in the Museum of Modern Art in NYC.

I am still wearing my chs GMTIIC today (Tuesday)

0091-1.jpg

1201.jpg

I like this one on the bass! Was this with an SLR? What lens to blur both foreground and background? Or was it done processing?

Canon 400D/XTi (dSLR) with a Zeiss Planar lens borrowed from my old Contax 167MT (film) camera & there was no processing (other than RAW-to-jpg conversion) done to modify the dof. The shallow dof is achieved, primarily, with a wide open lens aperture (f1.7 in this case) & the distance from the camera (about 3.5').

167a1.jpg

Here is another shot

1051.jpg

Apparently, I am not alone in my affection for this lens. These old Contax/Zeiss lenses seem to have gained something of a cult status within photography circles & there is a cottage industry of enthusiasts who are manufacturing adapters (of varying quality) made specifically to allow these lenses to mate with modern dSLRs like the Canon, replacing Canon's own prime 'L' lenses.