When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A couple of new pics (just because)...

ubiquitous

I love chronos but I really don't like Rolex( or should I say didn't)...these pics make me look at Rolex on a different angle.........changing mind maybe :)

Any chance of pics of the Paul Newman Daytona(model 6239, exotic cream dial, with black registers)?

Guys... Nothing's going anywhere just yet :lol:

I should add that I do a collection evaluation/contemplation/consideration probably twice a year. This is where I sit down, look at what I have, take into consideration of what I wear, what I don't wear, what needs to be serviced next, what needs new parts, which pieces cost more to service, and finally what stays and what goes. I like to keep the collection small and tightly focused; no more than 10 in the box at any one time (and ideally, maybe a little less than that even). It's getting to the point where I'm having difficulty in choosing any sell pieces; this to me means that I've settled down to the core keepers; that will be a problem if I start finding new things that I want to buy in light of my self imposed collection limit :)

At any rate... A few more pics (though not quite as new)...

IMG_6341.jpg

IMG_6347.jpg

IMG_5799.jpg

IMG_5800.jpg

IMG_5805.jpg

:)

I would never sell the twins if I where you. Just remember all the time and work that went into building these and still today, they reign supreme, even on a big board like this. These are definite keepers and should forever be kept outside the 10 max rule...

Okay... Equal opportunity...

IMG_6341.jpg

IMG_6342.jpg

chubbchubb- Thanks for your kind words :) Very, very much appreciated!

Out of all of my watches, these two require the most to maintain. Servicing the El Primeros are one of my concerns, though luckily we have Zig who I have 100% trust in handling my watches and can help in that regard.

I suppose that one of my main reasons for wanting to maintain a small collection is primarily because of the cost of servicing and maintenance. I always wonder what guys with 100+ pieces in their collection do to handle upkeep of their watches?

See, I'm a good forum friend and i'll be glad to stop by and give you some love on your random new pics for no reason thread, UBI!

Cough cough.

choke. cough... :whistling:

Before you let go of a prized posession, ask yourself could you replace it, and would you be willing to do what it takes (again) to do so.

See, I'm a good forum friend and i'll be glad to stop by and give you some love on your random new pics for no reason thread, UBI!

Cough cough.

choke. cough... :whistling:

Before you let go of a prized posession, ask yourself could you replace it, and would you be willing to do what it takes (again) to do so.

Thanks much, P4 ^_^

I've given this a lot of thought; replacing wouldn't be too big of an issue if I were to do another stainless 16520. However, if I were to do this again, I think I would want to do an 18k solid gold 16528 instead. Case sets are out there, but ridiculously priced. It would be sometihng I'd need to give some serious consideration to.

At any rate... Nothing's moving or turning over just yet :) If anything I may just end up breaking my collection limit rule. My wife was giving me shit over all this the other day- She'd prefer I not part with anything. She made a good point- Why go through the trouble of building this stuff if I'm only going to turn around and sell or trade it?

Why go through the trouble of building this stuff if I'm only going to turn around and sell or trade it?

We all know the answer to that one. Because you can. :lol: I followed that rational to its natural conclusion and I ended up with multiple MBW's and 4 Daylights. And guess what, time to reload. :D

Having said all that, there is no denying that a Franken Daytona is a lifetime keeper. When we are all 80 and you can't hold up that 44mm on your wrist anymore that Daytona will still be infinitely wearable and timeless. :)

I would never sell the twins if I where you. Just remember all the time and work that went into building these and still today, they reign supreme, even on a big board like this. These are definite keepers and should forever be kept outside the 10 max rule...

I believe Ubi's are the BEST Daytonas in ANY of the rep forums. Period. :)

Thanks much, P4 ^_^

I've given this a lot of thought; replacing wouldn't be too big of an issue if I were to do another stainless 16520. However, if I were to do this again, I think I would want to do an 18k solid gold 16528 instead. Case sets are out there, but ridiculously priced. It would be sometihng I'd need to give some serious consideration to.

At any rate... Nothing's moving or turning over just yet :) If anything I may just end up breaking my collection limit rule. My wife was giving me [censored] over all this the other day- She'd prefer I not part with anything. She made a good point- Why go through the trouble of building this stuff if I'm only going to turn around and sell or trade it?

C'mon mate, do it...and build that 16528...and amaze all of us once again... :notworthy:

We all know the answer to that one. Because you can. :lol: I followed that rational to its natural conclusion and I ended up with multiple MBW's and 4 Daylights. And guess what, time to reload. :D

Having said all that, there is no denying that a Franken Daytona is a lifetime keeper. When we are all 80 and you can't hold up that 44mm on your wrist anymore that Daytona will still be infinitely wearable and timeless. :)

+1. Absolutely correct.