When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

And on the 8th day...

Merlin

... I'm gonna wind it again! :D

After 4 months of building my grail watch I'm happy now to present you the result of my work.

A big "Thank you!" to Ross and Stephan for helping me out when I was stuck with this great piece

and Jacob from http://www.jrartesania.com/ for the awesome strap.

Enjoy the pics!

Angelus_01.jpg

Angelus_02.jpg

Angelus_03.jpg

Angelus_04.jpg

Angelus_10.jpg

and now a few pics with the "little sister":

Angelus_06.jpg

Angelus_08.jpg

Angelus_09.jpg

Angelus_07-1.jpg

I hope you like the pics!

Please excuse the noob in me coming out, but are you saying that movement has an 8 day power reserve? Wow!

Even if it doesn't, beautiful work you've done there.

yep - 192 hours reserve :lol:

Great photos, I especially like the movement shot through the buckle.

thanks, your words regarding photos count double for me

Edited by Merlin

By your laughter, I assume they don't then. So what was the "8th day ... wind again" thing about?

Oh, you missunderstood the smiley - it's a happy laughing smiley. Yes, the SF240 is a movement with 8 days (192h) power reserve and I wind it only once a week. You can check it with google, there you will find many results to this movement.

you got an absolute stunner there. Too bad that I cant tap into water buying those nice angelus movement due to the steep increase in movement prices. 4000 usd is way out of my budget. Your watch is an amazing piece espcially due to the 8 day power reserve which is much rarer than a conventional unitas eta. You must feel very proud to complete such an amazing project. Well done! A problem might arise when it comes to servicing such a complecated movement though. Would be interested to buy one off you should you decide to sell one in future time. Do you mind to tell us how much you have invested into this watch excluding labour of cos :lol:

BTW where did you get this nice thick CG?

Edited by paneristi

you got an absolute stunner there. Too bad that I cant tap into water buying those nice angelus movement due to the steep increase in movement prices. 4000 usd is way out of my budget. Your watch is an amazing piece espcially due to the 8 day power reserve which is much rarer than a conventional unitas eta. You must feel very proud to complete such an amazing project. Well done! A problem might arise when it comes to servicing such a complecated movement though. Would be interested to buy one off you should you decide to sell one in future time. Do you mind to tell us how much you have invested into this watch excluding labour of cos :lol:

BTW where did you get this nice thick CG?

all in all it's about 1.5k - including movement, repair and full service, strap, and all parts. the CG is standard for DSN 6152-1 case. work was for free, because I did it all myself ^_^ (excluding the service on the movement)