When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Downward Slide

shtslr1

It happens, you all of a sudden realize that you have hundreds of thousands wrapped up in real watches, so you go to reps, you find yourself ordering 3-5 a month at $300-600 each,

then you have no more room , you have 200 straps, and boxes of pieces, your wife freaks every time a box comes, you start to ship to the office, one of the girls drops a line at a party that you are a shopoholic, your wife hears it, checks your closet and aside from all the other new [censored] you have you have 11 briefcases full of reps. she lays down the guantlet, before you buy any new watch 3 have to go. you want the new rubin secs at 12, you like josh's brequet daytona, you need the conquistador chrono, and another pasha cuz there is still an empty slot in that case. So you want her to be happy, you blow out some watches, who cares what you get, 50, 60, 70, . you know the rubin is gonna hit so you even give a few away, doesn't matter. This is better than sports cars, i trade those every 8 months and invariably lose $30,000 on each. MY losses , your gains

Welcome to my world and enjoy

And then someone comes along and starts giving away watches. You can't possibly pass up the deals, but you don't really need them, do you? Now all of the boxes are full so I need to order another box or sell some watches, but I might buy a shirt that matches that green strap someday so I can't find any I want to part with. Now I have a mostly empty box and I hate to see empty slots so I must order some more watches..........

What a terribly frustrating cycle. Where does it end?

If english is not your first language, then I apologize. But it sounds like you are saying the value of your gen watch collection is in the hundreds of thousands.

But if not value, you have hundreds of thousands of pieces??

I thought it was pretty clear. Hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in gen and rep watches. Wife is not concerned about the volume of money spent on the watches...but is concerned that there are a million cases of them cluttering up spaces in the closet where her hand bags are supposed to go.

She couldn't care less that the rep costs $500 or the gen costs $5000...she just doesn't want the cases crashing on her coconut...AGAIN...when she's trying to reach through the oudated Chanel purses to get to the back to get out her Berkin baggie.

:)

The addiction ends rather quickly when you realize that 99% of reps are flawed pieces of trash that break whenever you try to set the time.

Dam Im sorry to hear that. I have been around for about nine months and thought that these reps were pertty nice for the money. The only issue I have had Is a pusher that will start but not stop the chrono. The guy that I take my watches to says that It's a easy fix. I have eight reps and all of them run well. The big question Is how well they are running a year from now. I know that the crown tubes are very thin and have a " I want to break feel to them" I am very careful when setting the time. I just purchased a Invicta Subaqua Noma 7750 for $$699.00. It really Is a nice watch. Im probably going to wait a while and see how the reps that I have hold up before ordering again. I think they well hold up well :unsure: I hope they do anyway. Im sorry that you have had such bad luck with yours. :) Mike

I thought it was pretty clear. Hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in gen and rep watches. Wife is not concerned about the volume of money spent on the watches...but is concerned that there are a million cases of them cluttering up spaces in the closet where her hand bags are supposed to go.

She couldn't care less that the rep costs $500 or the gen costs $5000...she just doesn't want the cases crashing on her coconut...AGAIN...when she's trying to reach through the oudated Chanel purses to get to the back to get out her Berkin baggie.

:)

Got, the wife is not upset at the value of the collection, just the volume.. How many we talking here??

Dont know what a tanfo Jr is, but have 62 reps today , 3 on the way, 2 will be ordered to night will make 67, and over 90 Gens from $50 up to $50,000. the wife is angry on several fronts, why spend so much on Fake watches?

why so many watches period?? why so many accesories, boxes winders, straps, cleaners tools?? Plus all the other stuff from Remote control cars to ties, i get in the mood and go buy and then hoard. My ebay rank is 1200+ and have only sold a few smaller things............

My name is L, and i am a shopoholic

I am in the same boat. Part of the reason I am single today. Shoes, shirts, watches, sunglasses, eyeglasses, and jewelry. I tried to give my girls a gift every now and then but all they say is do you really need another watch? Why are you buying another Nat Nast shirt? Yadda yadda. I think most people on this board have some other collections besides watches. We are a rare breed.

Dont know what a tanfo Jr is, but have 62 reps today , 3 on the way, 2 will be ordered to night will make 67, and over 90 Gens from $50 up to $50,000. the wife is angry on several fronts, why spend so much on Fake watches?

why so many watches period?? why so many accesories, boxes winders, straps, cleaners tools?? Plus all the other stuff from Remote control cars to ties, i get in the mood and go buy and then hoard. My ebay rank is 1200+ and have only sold a few smaller things............

My name is L, and i am a shopoholic

Tanfoglio.. He has a huge collection of gens and reps. Lots and lots of pictorials.