When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sinn U1

denimhead

Just recieved from Andrew@Trusy - Swiss eta version of the newly released Sinn U1, having owned a Gen U2 in the past i can honestly say this is one of the best reps i have ever seen.Waterproof to a respectable depth, great AR and unbelievable contruction and finish for

Some shots as promised. Only my opinion but i think this watch will have a genuine bearing and change peoples perception of the replica watch market long term.

there are plenty of super reps out there that fit the bill, the swiss steelfish among them

and the perception that you speak of is a bad one for us, to high quality means more enforcement because incidents of people being ripped off Rep as Gen sales will be up.

Just imagine, go to a tourist destination, like jamacia - where its likley enough that you couuld have some of these 2 and 5 k watches, stolen or otherwise, mexico, someplace the cops aren't to hard core - stand around on the streets near a watch stores, lour watch collectors into the alley, and tell them not to ask questions, sell the 2k sinn for 1k. how easy would it be to sell some of these, and you don't have to sell very many to "cover expenses"

reps are best enjoyed alone with a sifter of brandy :)

there are plenty of super reps out there that fit the bill, the swiss steelfish among them

and the perception that you speak of is a bad one for us, to high quality means more enforcement because incidents of people being ripped off Rep as Gen sales will be up.

Just imagine, go to a tourist destination, like jamacia - where its likley enough that you couuld have some of these 2 and 5 k watches, stolen or otherwise, mexico, someplace the cops aren't to hard core - stand around on the streets near a watch stores, lour watch collectors into the alley, and tell them not to ask questions, sell the 2k sinn for 1k. how easy would it be to sell some of these, and you don't have to sell very many to "cover expenses"

reps are best enjoyed alone with a sifter of brandy :)

I couldn't agree more, i guess the whole perception thing i was getting at was, when i arrived into the office this morning wearing the U1, three guy's who are all watch nuts like me, who would never consider buying a rep where all stunned that you could actually buy a replica Sinn. Interestingly enough two of them have both placed orders today, in their opinion for

Frankly I would have no sympathy for someone being ripped off by buying a rep when they thought that they were getting a stolen gen. Sounds like justice to me, except that this rep seems to be too good for people like that.

Quick question for the thread: Could this be an instance where reps could genuinely hurt sales of the gen? They don't sell in near the volume (or price point) of Rolex, Omega, Cartier, etc.

Or, will it help make watch fans more aware of how great this brand is and spur on sales of used gen Sinns, which can be had for well under the cost of a used Rolex, etc.? I'm close on getting the rep U1, but I've been eyeing some used gens.

Thoughts?

Quick question for the thread: Could this be an instance where reps could genuinely hurt sales of the gen?

Thoughts?

Here is my take. I think the rep market would be more prone to hurt the sales of the under $500.00 market, i.e. Seiko, Citizen, ect..ect.. If someone is really intent on buying a gen Rolex, Omega, Sinn or whatever they will still buy it no matter how good of a rep there is of it. On the other side of the coin there is a chance that a rep could potentialy add sales to the gen market. I know I have seen atleast 10 instances of guys here that bought a gen PO after having owned a UPO. While that is a very small number here you could probably multiply that out to different brands and many other people as we are but a small drop in the rep market.

considering the economy these days many are selling expensive gen watches and getting "cheaper" reps..

how is bezel on this U1? does it have nice gen click feeling like skyland? im also curious about waterproofness of this U1 case.. my fish is doing fine under water, if U1 is as good - im sold!!

considering the economy these days many are selling expensive gen watches and getting "cheaper" reps..

how is bezel on this U1? does it have nice gen click feeling like skyland? im also curious about waterproofness of this U1 case.. my fish is doing fine under water, if U1 is as good - im sold!!

Bezel is great, had it pressure tested by my watch repair man, totally waterproof.Go for it, you won't regret it.