When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex No-Date Sub 14060 @ ETZ!

redwatch

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Q Rosnik, well we of course want a 1:1 piece, but are we actually going to be truly bothered if it's 98% near.

I think 16610 case would be the way to go, imho ... unless somebody is willing to let me borrow a gen 14060 but I dont exactly see that happening... then also will the factory perfect it, and will they perfect it in time (1st round, 2nd round etc) I would love to take on this project but I need help, I am a dealer there are members such as Frank (star69) and Rosnik that know much more about rolex watches history and detail than I do. So if all can chime in and also offer realistic solutions, then maybe who knows we can build an RWG 14060, I am willing to work with people who know what their talking about and we can work together. If the project turns out profitable I'm more than willing to share the proceeds with those who can make it happen... ;)

Edited by EuroTimez

Good Q Rosnik, well we of course want a 1:1 piece, but are we actually going to be truly bothered if it's 98% near.

I think 16610 case would be the way to go, imho ... unless somebody is willing to let me borrow a gen 14060 but I dont exactly see that happening... then also will the factory perfect it, and will they perfect it in time (1st round, 2nd round etc) I would love to take on this project but I need help, I am a dealer there are members such as Frank (star69) and Rosnik that know much more about rolex watches history and detail than I do. So if all can chime in and also offer realistic solutions, then maybe who knows we can build an RWG 14060, I am willing to work with people who know what their talking about and we can work together. If the project turns out profitable I'm more than willing to share the proceeds with those who can make it happen... ;)

Hello, I have a genuine 14060th can be measured well, shooting well, tell me what you need to make a 1 = 1 case.

T.Y.

Archimede

I think the Eromariner V3 would be a good case. If you were to fit a 2824-2 in there, I think you would get the correct higher crown position. I know BK is doing that on his new WM9 YM.

The 93150 bracelet is perfect.

So all you need then is the correct dial.

For the record, the gen 14060 is slightly smaller than the 16610- smaller bezel, insert, crystal, & case. But a good rep based on the Euro V3 would work fine, IMO. Just need a good dial.

quick an dirty :

i think the noob-case is closer by size and rehaut (not so deep) -

drill lugholes - change 2 non SEL bracelet -

remove cylo and put a nice dial in - thats it ;)

cheers,

Frank

The crown/stem position of the 2824-2 very closely approximates the Rolex 3135. The 2836-2 is lower and similar to the older 3035 movt.

Since the rep makers like to use the 2836-2, that's why the crown is too low on the reps which need a higher crown position like the 16610 or the 16234 (Datejust). Any rep that is copying the 3135 movement and using a 2836-2 will have a crown position that is too low (or the rehaut will be too shallow- a common fault of the early 16610 sub reps).

I don't know enough about the 14060 which had the 3000 movement or the newer 14060M w/ the COSC 3130 movement, but my guess is that the 3130 is basically a 3135 w/o the date feature and therefore has the high crown position.

But crown position doesn't bother me as much as some people. But it is so simple, it would be nice if the rep mfrs would get it right- just use a 2824-2 instead of a 2836-2, it can't be that hard.

@all thanks for your wonderful input, greatly appriciated.

@ aligoat I dont mind the posistion of the crown either, but like Frank said the rehaut might be sligtly deeper, so Stilty suggested (or was it somebody else, a long time ago) if you file down the Rehaut, then the crown or pin would sit technically higher or fit better into an 2824 movement (might need to change tube / redrill the tube hole)...

And the reason why 2836-2 is because it's not as scarce as the 2824-2, 95% of the other non-forum replovers, I dont think they care about having an 2836-2 or an 2824-2, it just need to be a quality movement, and both are in terms of quality the same. (however 2824-2 being scarcer and more expensive).

The noobmariner case won't do, because the factories (noobfactory) decided to only make it now with engravings... so non-engraved versions aren't available...

Also the feel of the noob and construction doesn't feel right, if compared to an EURO, also the glass is lower, u turn the bezel and it doesn't feel authentic, and there is a big crown etched at 6 oclock which isn't suppose to be there... (as I believe the 14060 doesn't have an etched crown) and even if the etched crown suppose to be sooo tiny, not compared to the noob-etched crown... then you need lugholes etc..

So more disadvantages than advantages in my humble opinion.

I do however have approx 50-60 un-engraved noobcases lying around, so if we go for that option... we will only have limited edition pieces :)

Although Rolex is my favorite brand of watch, I don't understand all the discussion over this entry level mundane watch that can be bought pre owned for around $3k. It seems simple enough to replicate but like the 16610, far too common with far too many flaws. It seems that I have been around the replica boards for 7 years or so and ever since my first post there has been a daily post somewhere about a 16610 and the crown guards, date font, magnification, etc. It seems like a step backward to be still debating the most ubiquitous replica only now without a date feature.

I don't mean to stir up any [censored] but cmon, there are so many other great watches out there. Do we really need another sub? I own 10 or 11 Rolexes plus a bunch that are retired in pieces and only one is a submariner. BTW it happens to be two tone......... Not a 16610, 14060 in my collection and no desire for one.

I don't know if I agree with you on that one. I really like the clean look of the no-date 14060 but I am certainly not interested in buying one for $3k. There is just something about that particular watch that I really like. It's simplicity I guess.

However, I would agree with you that it's not worth it if they can't get it right. This seems like it should be the simplest one to rep, and yet the factories refuse to even attempt to get it right. Just my 0.02

@jfreeman420

Different strokes for different folks.

The appeal of the 14060 is its simplicity. Thus, my plea for a NON-COSC version. In theory this should be way easier to replicate than the 16610.

Even if the rep comes in @ $300ish, that is still a far cry from $3000.

IMHO - Reps like the Explorer I, 14060, AirKing's, etc. Should be perfected by now. They are so simple to begin with.

IMHO - Reps like the Explorer I, 14060, AirKing's, etc. Should be perfected by now. They are so simple to begin with.

That is my point. There should be perfect reps by now, but the most simple mundane watches have thee most flaws. Is it because there is less market for these or is it because there is more market for these watches and they can make more money with more variations? Or is it just the fact that Rolex will come after the factories for a perfect rep and the inconsistencies keep the makers out of jail?

The bottom line is these discussions are repetitive and futile.

Chris:

There is no doubt that if you, the factory and the incredibly knowledgable posters on this board work together and REALLY rep this watch right you will sell hundreds of them. Its a simple watch and should be easily repped but at the same time dont skimp. I remember Silex getting everyone excited over a BOND sub a few years ago and although a decent rep for the money it was WAY off from what it could have been. Lets make a solid rep with proper lug hole size, proper size spring bars and perfect fitting bracelet end lugs. If you can make it right and it comes in around 300 bucks...Ill buy TWO!

Hi,

well to create a perfect case I need a gen sample, (pics will do for now, please from all angles etc), I am already in contact with a factory that is willing to make the dial together with me, even superlume is possible (if enough are interested).

I think as base we should use the 1:1 case design, V3 euromariner, it does have maybe a few minor flaws but acceptable in my opinion or can be modded afterwards, or if somebody knows some good connection where to make the lugholes bigger then you can send it to him, or maybe we can work together.

The base case will be the 1:1 case, so it's alittle expensive as a base as I buy this from the MBW / MBK factory, made from higher grade steel etc.

Then we need to swap out the Crystal with a clark crystal without etched rolex crown at 6, so this will be a made-for-gen-aftermarket part, this needs to be installed and ordered and of course will add up to the price (as if i buy whole-sale crystal from factory in china it's much cheaper then I buy aftermarket gen Clark Crystal from USA factory).

The lugholes are already in the case, but I think needs to be a fraction of mm bigger, so this I cannot do or at a descent price, so this will be one of the flaw, but I think acceptable.

The rehaut is i think slightly deeper, as it's an 16610 case-base... while the 14060 is more shallow. This is modifiable by shaving the rehaut (but I am not going to do this, so have to be after-sale mod)

The case dimension is near but not exactly as somebody mentioned the case base a fraction of mm smaller.

So I give the rough stuff, if all are acceptable, it will be a 98% perfect rep.

So all I do is create the dial and get the case and aftermarket parts together. We add aftermarket made for gen parts, CLARK CRYSTAL + 1 piece crystal holder (like gen), has 1:1 bezel design, thick tube (gen crown will fit this case), aftermarket made for gen -Watchmaterial pearl-, 93150 hollow midlinks + endlinks (what nr ??? ) from MBK MBW factory.

We can make this model if there is enough interest in the above specs, in

1. DG2813

2. DG4813

3. COPY ETA

4. GEN ETA (verified and real genuine).

We can make the dial in rep-lume, or SUPERLUME, but there needs to be enough interest and it wont be super-cheap either, if we want to use 1:1 case and aftermarket parts and MBK stuff, as is those are already expensive if you just buy it separately. BUt I am sure I can work out a deal if we can get a group-sale organized...

If we want to design a real 1:1 14060, I need to borrow somebody GEN 14060... then possibly we can CNC it, but that we need to discuss again...

Let us fig out how many are interested if we use existing parts... stated above...

I think this is a very good formula for a 14060, Chris. With a superlumed dial and hands it would be great. I think using a Euro V3 case is fine because aftermarket and gen parts are much more readily available for the 16610 than the 14060 and I doubt anyone can really tell the difference between the case sizes w/o a pair of calipers. Look forward to hearing more about this project.