When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lanikai helped me :)

Sturb

Hi Guys,

I am a fool :( On Friday night I was out with some colleagues for a drink when I looked at my beloved SMP Chrono to see what time it was. I was horrified to see my bezel insert was gone. I knew it couldn't have gone far and when I looked on the floor there it was. It had been well and truly trodden on and was in a bad state. I wasn't really concerned as I had just ordered a replacement insert and all I was worried about was the pearl. I popped the insert in my pocket and thought nothing more about it. When I awoke on Saturday morning (with a very sore head) I headed to my coat to fetch the insert but it was nowhere to be seen. I have searched the house a hundred times and it is not in there. Can anyone PLEASE HELP ME?! I love this watch and cant bear the thought of sticking one of those awful e bay pearls on it. I would be most grateful if someone has a spare (or knows where I could get one)

Cheers,

Paul

I haven't seen replacement SMP Chrono pearls sold separately. You can go the gen route on the whole beze + insert + pearl, or there are a few places that sell aftermarket inserts or pearls. I'm not sure the quality though. I know in Canada H.W. Perrin have an aftermaket insert and pearl but I have yet to try one.

Wish we could help you, I asked arleady!! however the spare part you are asking the factory dont "want" to sell separately, that is why Josh for example can't help you. Best thing if I could give you advice, is to ship it back to your supplier (after contacting him/her) and ask them to take it to the factory then the factory will most likely sort it out it can take awhile tho.

I understand and feel for you that it isn't the most convient route, but keep in mind this is a grey market and we dealers are also bound by some rules laid upon us by the factories, as if I could help you out I would simply order the pearl for you.

So my 2 cents are if nothing else works, ask your dealer to have it sorted for you, if your dealer is good he will sort you out. We always try to sort our clients out even if they did it themselves and they are honest about it.

Let me know if you need more assistance...

Thanks for your advice ET. I have emailed Silix requesting if he has the part. If he can return the watch to the factory for repair then I am more than willing to go down this route. It may take a while but it is better than having a watch with no pearl.

Cheers,

Paul

ok Sturb..

the pearl on the left came rom my UPO the one on the right is not a Omega rep pearl.. but a little cleaner.. although you cannot see the black spots with the naked eye.. this is taken with a macro about 2 inches from the subject matter..

sorry for the bad focus .. the natural light is dark so I couldn't really see the pearls whilst focusing..

choose one.. B)

omegasmpchrono020.jpg

AC

Lani