When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Joshua's DRSD

Ptolomeo

One thing that really catches my eye here, is the crystal profile and the way it meets the insert. It's *exactly* the same as the early MBWs.

The lack of a small vertical "lip" leading up to the dome is a tell, but it also makes me think we're onto a case that can accept gen T39 crystals. How many short domes can there be for the factories to choose from?

Here's a really nasty photo of my early MBW as delivered.

MBW_SD39_seadweller.jpg

AS Nanuq alluded to regarding the crystal wall

this is a recent MBW with a T39 genuine acrylic, the Clarks T39 has a much taller wall.. I suppose it could be taken down a bit..that is the only thing keeping the Clarks from being a great match..imo

drsd003.jpg

drsd004.jpg

It is hard to tell the lug holes in the makers pics compared to my MBW.. so I'll wait until my rep arrives to do macro shots side by side... I may choose to use my ND dial for the rep mod.. we'll see.. :)

with the cut backs in Post Office hours to 30 units in Hawaii.. things are taking longer than in the past though.. so hopefully this week or early next week.

besides all this marketing BS ;)

it looks quite nice - would love to see more of this silver? datewheel ....

this looks better than MBW ....

hope they make a white dial too.

cheers,

Frank

The great white has shown up on Josh's site;

http://www.jpc8118.com/0000000000rlsdv01002-vintage-1665-great-white-asia-2836-p-7599.html

Cheers B)

I only see that this watch will be the start for long discusions in the watch sale section in 1 or 2 years time from now....we will mod this watch and then we will put it up for sale with the same price as the moded mbws....and then we will start fighting again "this is not an mbw" etc etc....it will be a lot of fun!!drinks.gif

Btw....its a realy great watch for all of us "mod freaks"!!! And thats all...... There is no reason to compare it with Marias best watch....dimitris best watch...Vietnam best case....or who ever.... We only have a great base watch...for a great price! thats all!!

I only see that this watch will be the start for long discusions in the watch sale section in 1 or 2 years time from now....we will mod this watch and then we will put it up for sale with the same price as the moded mbws....and then we will start fighting again "this is not an mbw" etc etc....it will be a lot of fun!!drinks.gif

Btw....its a realy great watch for all of us "mod freaks"!!! And thats all...... There is no reason to compare it with Marias best watch....dimitris best watch...Vietnam best case....or who ever.... We only have a great base watch...for a great price! thats all!!

I agree 100% with you. I started this topic because I thought we had here a great alternative to the MBW to our franken projects. Is it a perfect 1665? No, it isn't. But it's got some improvements and accepts gen parts... so, we've got another good choice. Let's wait Stephane and his MM's new project with this one. :whistling:

Can someone tell me what 316F steel is? We've all heard of 316L, but this is a new one!

it"s supposed to be more toward the genuine look.. it is said by the maker to be shinier,.. can't remember if the properties are stronger in this steel..it is supposed to be better quality than the 316L..

the comex dials are ready also.. just not on the web sites yet...

it will be interesting regardless, also cannot remember if this was the Noob factory project but it was started over a year ago.. to compete with the MBK line.. good for us either way..

AC

Lani

I think I was the very first to buy from Joshua. A 16613 Swiss Black Dial. I remember 'DLGates' posting "Looking forward to your experience here Dems. I've contacted this dealer by PM, he seems a good sort" was how it went. Personal contact. I used to PM Joshua for "Wazza!?". Now I wouldn't beleaguer his schedule.

Hi Demsey..

Your gratitude and confidence in a "young" Joshua will never ever be forgotten !

and please....you do not see "WTF is Joshua ? " or .. " Email No reply" kind of threads surfacing....

Business size and op may have changed.. But I still and will always maintain that I will reply, and will have time to reply to all emails, every single one of them.. And nothing beats getting a mail from a great friend, like you !

I miss DGates and ...........Clive.. Do you ?

Thanks

Joshua

Edited by Jos Nana

Everything you always wanted to know about 316F but were afraid to ask...

AISI Type 316F:

Category ------- Steel

Class ---------- Stainless steel

Type ----------- Austenitic standard

Common Names --- Chromium-Nickel steel

Designations --- United States: AMS 5649 , SAE 30316F , UNS S31620

Composition:

Element Weight %

C ----- 0.08

Mn ---- 2.00

Si ---- 1.00

Cr ---- 16.0-18.0

Ni ---- 10.0-14.0

P ----- 0.2

S ----- 0.10 (min)

Mo ---- 1.75-2.5

Everything you always wanted to know about 316F but were afraid to ask...

AISI Type 316F:

Category ------- Steel

Class ---------- Stainless steel

Type ----------- Austenitic standard

Common Names --- Chromium-Nickel steel

Designations --- United States: AMS 5649 , SAE 30316F , UNS S31620

Composition:

Element Weight %

C ----- 0.08

Mn ---- 2.00

Si ---- 1.00

Cr ---- 16.0-18.0

Ni ---- 10.0-14.0

P ----- 0.2

S ----- 0.10 (min)

Mo ---- 1.75-2.5

ahhhh ..OK.. 8)

kinda like this..

G_{\mu \nu} + \Lambda g_{\mu \nu}= {8\pi G\over c^4} T_{\mu \nu}

it all relative... :lol:

Hi Demsey..

Your gratitude and confidence in a "young" Joshua will never ever be forgotten !

and please....you do not see "WTF is Joshua ? " or .. " Email No reply" kind of threads surfacing....

Business size and op may have changed.. But I still and will always maintain that I will reply, and will have time to reply to all emails, every single one of them.. And nothing beats getting a mail from a great friend, like you !

I miss DGates and ...........Clive.. Do you ?

Thanks

Joshua

Joshua, DGates misses you. I hear from him occasionally. I think he just wore out on the forum and is on to bigger and better things these days. Dems was your first? Amazing chance he took, LOL? I think I was in there amongst the first others and your still my dealer of choice. must admit I miss those old days when dealers were mysterious and it was always a great surprise when the rep showed up..... but I must admit I like the reps of today much better.

Keep em' coming.

Joshua, DGates misses you. I hear from him occasionally. I think he just wore out on the forum and is on to bigger and better things these days. Dems was your first? Amazing chance he took, LOL? I think I was in there amongst the first others and your still my dealer of choice. must admit I miss those old days when dealers were mysterious and it was always a great surprise when the rep showed up..... but I must admit I like the reps of today much better.

Keep em' coming.

Hi Bob,

You are amongst the first few who took the chance as well.. Always thankful..

Whose's first ? I really cannot remember !!

Say Hi to Dgates for me.. I do miss him !! If possible.,. maybe pm me his email. ( with his permission ). I will like to say hi to him.

Thanks

joshua

This is the higest spec under the 316 category .. Compare with 316 on current watches we are getting .. This will be denser and brighter..

Purer steel content according to maker.. ( I do not know if this is the right way to describe it)

Thanks

joshua

Ouch, this sounds like drilling lugholes just got harder!