When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Real Rollie for phoband?

fotoman

Did this jeweler have three balls hanging outside the shop? Because "in Philadelphia it's worth FIFTY DOLLARS." (Kidding)

If it's to flip it, fine. But reading some of your other posts, don't you have other stuff to worry about other than owning a genuine Rolex?

Haven't you seen the price of Lego and college education these days :animal_rooster:

i'm still in dire straights, however I chose denial as a coping mechanism

, b

also, my response to stress is to shop. I feel somewhat more secure today bencause i have worked out a long term living solution, i did have a nice size check come in from one of my clients.

I've dropped oout of school for now, because the mental anguish i'm going through not sseeing my son prevents me from thinking clearly and completing my class work.

After a long talk witht the head proffessor there, i might not go back, mostly because the starting salary is so low that i'd never be able to afford the loans..

and the purchase would be funded by me selling a couple of my top pieces. Which i don't really want to do.

The main reason i'm thinking about it is, there are certain meetings that i go to where flashing the rolex would get me some respect. Its an image thing.

plus at that price, i could sell it anytime for a profit. my jewler is a good friend of mine, does about all my watch work for free.

by the way, there was a gold rep reuben barachello II in hiss shop, i asked to see it to see if it was real :) and, no gears !!! :)

was that anyone heres? apparently it was a big client of the shop.

Pho - Buying an expensive piece of jewelry, for whatever reason, is always a very personal decision. I buy watches -- rep or gen -- only with nonessential funds. If you have the surplus cash & want/need a gen Rolex, then I would take advantage of the deal. If not, then just let it go & do not look back. Or buy a plain-jane, steel white/silver dial rep with bar index markers, which will provide maximum effect with minimal cost & risk

1.jpg

Did this jeweler have three balls hanging outside the shop? Because "in Philadelphia it's worth FIFTY DOLLARS." (Kidding)

If it's to flip it, fine. But reading some of your other posts, don't you have other stuff to worry about other than owning a genuine Rolex?

Haven't you seen the price of Lego and college education these days :animal_rooster:

LOL!

Pawnbroker (Bo Diddley): Burnt my fingers, man.

Louis Winthorpe III: I beg your pardon?

Pawnbroker (Bo Diddley): Man, that watch is so hot, it's smokin'.

Louis Winthorpe III: Hot? Do you mean to imply stolen?

Pawnbroker (Bo Diddley): I'll give you 50 bucks for it.

Louis Winthorpe III: Fifty bucks? No, no, no. This is a Rouchefoucauld. The thinnest water-resistant watch in the world. Singularly unique, sculptured in design, hand-crafted in Switzerland, and water resistant to three atmospheres. This is *the* sports watch of the '80s. Six thousand, nine hundred and fifty five dollars retail!

Pawnbroker (Bo Diddley): You got a receipt?

Louis Winthorpe III: Look, it tells time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome, and Gstaad.

Pawnbroker ((Bo Didley): In Philadelphia, it's worth 50 bucks.

Louis Winthorpe III: Just give me the money.

Louis Winthorpe III: [looking in display case] How much for the gun?

Ben Sanderson to the pawn broker: $500 for a Rolex Daytona!?

Pawn Broker: Nods

Ben Sanderson: I'll take it.

[censored] pho, just go on a bender. The same amount of Ya Ya and regret, but, coincidentally, in Philadelphia, fifty bucks.

I always took the opportunity for spending on experiences & events in my life that defied economic explanation at the time and never regretted the decisions, except when it was purchasing things. Inanimate objects will never replace experiences, use the money to invest in yourself, not some watch that will temporarily satisfy. There is no safety in the justification that you can always flip things. Its artificial, I'm in real estate, I oughta know right now, the economics have my future shaky and in the toilet. Don't keep going down the same path and use the means that you have to dig out of the darkness. Shopping is not one of them, been there, done that, it don't work. 8)

Whoa. I was lit last night. I started reading this thread this morning like it was the first time. Imagine my surprise when I read my reply. :bicycle:

Not much to add pho, I would A) Do as Freddy suggests or 2) Go with 'Omni' 's advice. Prolly better. I'm thinking 1K at a community college could send you down the path of prosperity, like something 'vocational' in an Associate's program. Court stenographer always sounded cool. Or Criminologist. You already have more than enough on your reume` to be "President of the United States" apparantly, so yeah, there's always politics. Buy some votes.

Good luck!