When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My First Build

krbarnes

Here are a few shots of my first build. I bought the case with ETA 2836-2 movement, the WM9 V2 (hollow mid-link/SEL) bracelet, and Noob dial and datewheel overlay from different members here on the forums. I had to swap the crystal with another sub to 're-align' the cyclops with the date opening. Let me know what you think. Comments/suggestions, etc.

post-25204-12578782062_thumb.jpg

post-25204-125787822332_thumb.jpg

post-25204-125787824546_thumb.jpg

post-25204-125787826724_thumb.jpg

So its a gen case, crystal, bezel and crown? Then you added a rep dial, rep date overlay. 2836-2 and rep band? It looks really good. Would you mind me asking how much you have in this project total?

Here are a few shots of my first build. I bought the case with ETA 2836-2 movement, the WM9 V2 (hollow mid-link/SEL) bracelet, and Noob dial and datewheel overlay from different members here on the forums. I had to swap the crystal with another sub to 're-align' the cyclops with the date opening. Let me know what you think. Comments/suggestions, etc.

I really don't know which case this is. I bought the case/movement from Physher007 here on the forum. It has all the engraving between the lugs, and the engraving inside the case back, but the dial was really messed up. I bought a Noob dial from BK, only to find that the date window didn't line up with my existing date wheel. I then had to get a new Noob date wheel overlay ( and install it ) to get it properly aligned. Then the cyclops on the crystal didn't line up with the date, so I swapped the crystal from another 'cheap' sub that I had. The bracelet is the latest WM9 Sub bracelet I got from Vlydog. Right now I have about $220 in the watch, and am VERY happy with it. About the only thing I might do is get a better bezel insert, maybe from WatchMaterial? Is it worth another $25?

The date window in the picture does look really 'off', but that must be the angle of the photo. In actuality it is pretty much centered.

I can see why this hobby can be addicting. It was a lot of fun chasing down parts. The worst part is waiting for them to arrive in the mail!

Can anyone help me identify this case? The only thing I can see is the Bezel assembly is not like a Gen. It doesn't use the "wire spring" for the dentent. It has a hole drilled vertically into the case, and uses a small spring and 'plunger' to act as the detent, and the bezel has 'notches on the bottom side that move against the plunger.

post-25204-125813224802_thumb.jpg

post-25204-125813225765_thumb.jpg

post-25204-125813226964_thumb.jpg

post-25204-125813227903_thumb.jpg

Chinese case, used by Paul, Andrew, etc. Sometimes referred to as a 'WOK' because of the inward sloping rehaut- but yours didn't look too bad.

Your pearl didn't look too bad. BK's formula is a jewelryoutlet555 insert and the $10 WM pearl. I'd just enjoy the watch and install a new insert/pearl when you've tore up the one in there now- they do get scratched and nicked fairly easily.

I have both cases and WM9 has a more accurate presence. MBK is nice, but too many modding problems with the retaining ring and recessing the insert, WM9 easiest to mod out of the box and the crown is already superb. My experience tells me if youre going to mod it up , even a little, get the WM9. the case you're looking at, does it have engraving on the rehaut?

• 2 weeks later...

OK, my "first build" has just been "re-built". I replaced the case with a WM9 V2 case set from BK, so here's what I have (so far!):

WM9 V2 Case set with no rehaut engraving (this one has gen-style bezel, large crown tube)

Clark Crystal

ETA 2836-2 movement

Noob dial and datewheel

Watchmaterial bezel insert & pearl

WM9 V2 Sub bracelet with hollow mid-links and solid end-links

It doesn't look much different, but this case is much better than the old one.