When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First Rep of The Big Plunge To Arrive

thogaa

My very very first rep has arrived. The Seamaster 300 vintage No-date from TT. (OMG0111C)

I immediately put an old leather strap on it.

seamaster300_1.jpg

The case back is probably the biggest giveaway :thumbdown:

seamaster300_2.jpg

Excellent lume. This thing really lights up like a xmas tree :shock:

seamaster300_3-1.jpg

And sort of a wrist shot ;)

seamaster300_4.jpg

The pictures are rubbish I know - made with my mobile phone in a hurry.

The protective plastic was still on the crystal when I made the pics. It's a lot clearer when that’s peeled off :rolleyes:

IMHO the S300 rep is not very close to original - more to be seen as a "new" watch with kind of old "heritage". A collector would easily spot the various flaws but I don't give a dame. I think it's a great timepiece.

A small issue is the two stage pull out of the crown. A bit unnecessary when it hasn't got a date. Maybe it's in there somewhere behind the dial? :g:

It seems well made and I'm sure it'll get a lot of wrist time here :D

Looks good from the front, and looks very nice on the wrist. I think that's worth the price of the rep!

Small favor: Could you put up a picture of the lugholes? I'd like to know if a real Omega bracelet could fit on this thing. (Mesh wouldn't be a problem, of course.)

Edited by LHOOQ

Looks good from the front, and looks very nice on the wrist. I think that's worth the price of the rep!

Small favor: Could you put up a picture of the lugholes? I'd like to know if a real Omega bracelet could fit on this thing. (Mesh wouldn't be a problem, of course.)

No problem. Here are some (still from the mobile) :good:

DSC05666edited.jpg

DSC05667edited.jpg

DSC05668edited.jpg

DSC05669edited.jpg

A bit hard to do macros with a Sony-Ericsson C901 - But the crown IS nice :rolleyes:

DSC05671edited.jpg

No problem. Here are some (still from the mobile)

Thanks! The bad news is that the lugholes look too high up for a gen Speedy bracelet to fit...

The good news is that a mesh bracelet would fit just fine!

The bad news is that an Omega mesh would cost you over $200...

The good news is that it looks very sharp with your racing strap!

Grab a seat, this could go on for a while...

Looks very good for the price, these are very collectible and the collectors would point out the flaws, but that aside as long as you are not trying to bluff any one in particular then it is not a problem

The issue with the date set position is that the movement will be one with a date, it can be modded but to what point.

A good starting point, who was the seller?

One more question is there any lume in the numbers in the bezel?

Looks very good for the price, these are very collectible and the collectors would point out the flaws, but that aside as long as you are not trying to bluff any one in particular then it is not a problem

The issue with the date set position is that the movement will be one with a date, it can be modded but to what point.

A good starting point, who was the seller?

One more question is there any lume in the numbers in the bezel?

I got it from Andrew :victory:

Lume - Yup there's lots of lume :p

DSC05673edited.jpg

I was asking about the numbers on the bezel but your photo answered the question, the gen has lumed numbers.

Really? :unsure:

Well, as I mentioned there are lots of flaws on this if you review it as a rep - but it's perfect in its own way ;)

That's a nice looking watch - and surprisingly good shots from a mobile phone (the Sony Cybershot phones make excellent cameras !) :victory:

Unfortunately, such lume is another flaw, as a vintage tritium lumed dial would not glow as much as this one...

I think this watch is really not perfect, there are so much flaws but it is so great looking I couldn't stand not to order one for me ;)

Maybe we will get an updated version later?

Unfortunately, such lume is another flaw, as a vintage tritium lumed dial would not glow as much as this one...

I think this watch is really not perfect, there are so much flaws but it is so great looking I couldn't stand not to order one for me ;)

Maybe we will get an updated version later?

I'm with you. I just can't help falling in love with this bastard . faulty as it is :D

This isn't really such a problem when you consider the dials you see on SM300s newly serviced by Omega, or on the Watchco Seamasters. These have the bright Superluminova glow and fonts more similar to those on this rep.

A genuine caseback (if it fits ) would be great. I have one in my parts box so it feels like I ought to buy one of these just to try it out. If ever a watch needed to be 'aged' and rapidly gain some serious patina this is the one. An Omega 1171 or a mesh would look good but these also really suit a simple black Nato strap.