When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ubi Franken 9411

lanikai

Received my new addition to my Ubifranken 9411 yesterday.. is it obvious what that part is ??

it really pop's the 9411 and I think with this addition it would look best on a gen. ss bracelet.. the overall look is bigger.

snowflake014.jpg

snowflake007.jpg

snowflake006.jpg

snowflake001.jpg

Yes.. the genuine bezel is a little bigger in daiameter and really does wonders to look and feel of the 9411

snowflake009.jpg

snowflake008.jpg

snowflake011.jpg

Thanks for viewing..

AC

Lani

Lani,

You need to send this beauty to me for about a month of wearing around the farm. The case and Crystal will be well "vintigized" I promise.

Beautiful watch. Would you expand a little on what parts you used to build this one.

Thanks

Arthur

Lani,

You need to send this beauty to me for about a month of wearing around the farm. The case and Crystal will be well "vintigized" I promise.

Beautiful watch. Would you expand a little on what parts you used to build this one.

Thanks

Arthur

I named this particular piece "Ubifranken" for the simple reason that Ubi was instrumental in it's build :victory:.. in tribute to a great friend that I am honoured to know.

to say this 9411 has a history with RWG is an understatement..

it started with sourcing vintage gen parts...this was not the original dial.. the original dial and hands were sourced at the direction of Ubi's tech counseling..but the hands were worn or damaged, and would not function properly.. I thought at that point it was a valiant effort but not to be realised

I had the gen crystal.. crown/tube and movement the case is a MBK 1680 that had a history of it's own..(traveling to Hawaii).

Ubi from his collection had a NOS 9411 dial~ minty fresh, and went to the trouble of securing the NOS hands and insert.

this 9411 is one of two .. Ubi has it's twin.. same born on date..

the journey was long and full of set backs, (as far as the parts)..and to say that it was coincidence that all this came together by chance is not believing in the support of this community.... out of my collection even the journey with my 1655 .. the 9411 is the one I wear for part of the day everyday...

the list:

MBK case

Genuine~ NOS movement w/silver date wheel, dial, hands, crystal, tube/crown, bezel

it goes without saying that the Hi.~Co. connection is alive and well,.. so much so that in the past several months we have been experiencing some of the same occurrences outside of watches,...

so thank you all for being here and the support that no other Fora can duplicate.. be it gen. or rep. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC

Lani

The series of occurrences and events that has taken place for both of us in recent months is indeed far beyond coincidence. It's a strange and uncanny development; one that I am certainly convinced is not a matter of mere happenstance. The karma and energy in both... The connection... Is alive and strong. I cannot explain it. It's quite interesting to say the least :)

The series of occurrences and events that has taken place for both of us in recent months is indeed far beyond coincidence. It's a strange and uncanny development; one that I am certainly convinced is not a matter of mere happenstance. The karma and energy in both... The connection... Is alive and strong. I cannot explain it. It's quite interesting to say the least :)

Takuan Bros..... Rocks da House :bb:

@TMG.. yuppers.. thank you !!

@BT.. got the gen bracelet on as I type.. :1a:

AC

Lani

91350 with 580 end links.. I'll post new pics tomorrow Red..ACLani

Congrats for the new addition Lani.

The bezel looks perfect on this already perfecty build 9411 :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Can't wait to see it on your gen 93150.

Can I use this opportunity to ask: what was the original bracelet the snowflake came with (I mean, which oyster, not nato)...?

One of my friends, hardcore collector said to me it never came on a bracelet, only nato...

Anybody has an opinion on that statement?

Stephane

Can I use this opportunity to ask: what was the original bracelet the snowflake came with (I mean, which oyster, not nato)...?

One of my friends, hardcore collector said to me it never came on a bracelet, only nato...

Anybody has an opinion on that statement?

Stephane

I don't recall off the top of my head, but I believe standard issue 7016/7021/9401/9411's came with 9315 bracelets, and I think 380 ends. The M.N. mil issue examples, however, only came on NATO, I believe.