When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Datejust II, MOP Black (14 hires pics)

condemore

Since the launch of the larger Dayjust and Daydate , 41 mm. I have bought 8 different models. This is the one I like more these days. It has a black/green MOP dial and larger stick markers. It's like a milgauss. The crsytal is very very nice, saphire, and the whole watch it's very well executed. Bought at Watcheden, 138$.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

• Like 1

I've received quite a few questions by PM that gets repeated.

These are some answers:

How is the fit and finish, -Top notch

are the SELs tight up against the case? -Yes they are

What about the date, it looks like it's not lined up in the window? -Date is perfect

Is it a swiss eta movement or asian 21J. -Are you kidding? 138$

oh...where does watchden ship from...China? -Yes

Condemore

Wowzers that's just gorgeous! I think I'll have to get one too :) Love the MOP!

I tried on a gen one of these a week or so back and was blown away by the watch, its just a stunning piece. Rolex got it right with this one thats for sure. But the price DU is steep, a good 10k OUCH. I'll stick to my gen explorer II I think... more in my price range :D

Lovely photos too :)

• 5 months later...

I love that watch :D I qordered one for myself.... NOW I am wondering... Can I change the 21j with an ETA 2824?? Do I need new hands and [censored]??

@ MemberX.. It is on its way :(

But I thought I might buy a brand new "still in plastic" Swiss ETA 2824-2 from Switzerland (they have some good ones on the bay) and change it after a little while! Looks like a watch that might get some serious wrist time.

+1 on that comment, I'm seriously contemplating one of these myself... Even the rehaut engraving looks lined up!

Mary can source a similar one but it's a dark grey MOP it seems, with a bit more purple in it. Decision decision!! lol

I haven't got a price on a Swiss/Asian ETA yet but I may buckle and get one... :D

Hope you can get yours sorted out - you may even not need to change it as some of the 'cheap' movement sweeps have been very good recently! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Do you specifically want to shop at watcheden? Most of the dealers should be able to get this watch! I know Mary can :)

Well, I know WE has these for 118 shipped, does not get cheaper than that for such a watch (this is with a $2o coupon) and I like to see pics of exactly what I get

Well, I know WE has these for 118 shipped, does not get cheaper than that for such a watch (this is with a $2o coupon) and I like to see pics of exactly what I get

Ah, cool, you're right - that is a good price with the $20 coupon!