When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eurotimez Submariner

Stormfather

hi guys,

as you see, i'm very new at this forum and in the whole rep theme. i found a submariner which i find is very pretty. so i searched the forum to find some reviews of it, but nothing. all i found was reviews of the wm9s and other, but nothing about my baby. so, can someone tell me something about this one. maybe the product description on the site doesn't fit the common name of the watch. is it possible that it's a wm9 v2 sub?? i'm just confused, because on ET it's listet as "Rolex Submariner Caramic Bezel (oversize case) 2009" with just these additional infos:

"From Legendary Noobfactory.

Caramic Bezel, Oversize Case, Latest Submariner from Rolex"

so, does somebody know this piece and can tell me something about it? is it worth the money? i'm sorry for not posting a link to it, but as you may know, the watches on ET doesn't have seperate links.

thanks for your answers

greets

stormfather

if you plan to mod the watch, to improve it, get a wm9, if you have the capital for the best out of the box rep, get the wm9. If you want the next best thing and in your hands within 10days and save a bit of cash in the process, get the euromariner. or look for used wm9 subs people sell in the for sale section.

well, thanks for your answer. but i'm sorry, this doesn't really help me with the watch i postet. is this a wm9 or not? if not, which of the many others is it? is it a bad rep? i am a noob, that's sure as hell, but i think it looks really good.

I don't have any experience with the particular watch you are looking at but the products that come out of the "Noob" factory are generally very good quality. I have a basic Submariner from the Noob factory (commonly referred to as a Noobmariner) and it is a very nice good quality watch that is fairly accurate. I'm sure someone who has the version you are looking at will chime in...

Looking at your picture the rehaut engraving is terribly "off". The "R" should line up on the 9:00 marker - but a lot (most?) of the reps seem to have problems with this little detail... Maybe this is the "new oversize case" but the CGs look somewhat overfed as well

thank you, jmb. your post let me calm down a bit. see, as i'm new here, i don't want to waiste my money right at the begining. as i found out now, it seems to be the noobmariner, just modified by the noobfactory itselve.

€dit: yes, you are right. it is the new oversize case. should i better buy the noobmariner instead of this one?

Edited by Stormfather

Hi,

It's a rep of the 2010 Sub black bezel SS, not yet released by Rolex...

The rep is not accurate enough for the moment, it has big flaws, the strap is not the new Glidelock as the gen, the pearl doesn't look the same and most of all, as I said before the genuine watch hasn't been released yet in black bezel/stainless steel!

However, it looks good, but you are looking for an accurate rep, you'd better wait a few months...

Things you should know about this oversized cased sub:

This oversized cased sub rep is an impression of one that is not yet released by R*lex. It's supposedly the upcoming steel 116610LN with ceramic bezel speculated to be released in 2010. The oversized case is based on the already released gold versions with blue dial + blue ceramic bezel (YG version 116618LB and WG version 116619LB), and the TT with ceramic bezel (black face + black bezel 116613LN) and (blue face + blue bezel 116613LB).

Unless you do not mind risking being called out for having one that is not yet released by R*lex, you may not want this oversized cased sub.

It might be best to get something like the Euromariner or Noobmariner as a "entry level" Submariner and once you have read a few thousand posts then decide what is the next step!The Noobmariner can be had with basic 21 jewel movement for under $100 and is quite accurate right out of the box. After some research on your part decide which dealer you feel most comfortable with then tell them what you want. Again, research is key as some dealers, although honest and proficient, are not very "newbie friendly" and while they might offer very good prices, etc., might not be the best choice for someone's first purchase.

That bezel pearl is definitely not right. Also you would be getting a bracelet that was correct for and earlier model, not the latest glidelock bracelet.

If you opted for a Seadweller instead of a submariner, Eurotimez newest version (V5 updated) of the Deep Sea Seadweller is very nice.If I was getting a submariner from Eurotimez, I would opt for the noobmariner or the ss 16610 The noobmariner is cheaper , however the DG 2813 movement is a 21,600 PPH, which is a slow beat movement, the 4813 or the ETA movements are 28,800 BPH which is the correct beat, same as the genuine Rolex Movement.

If you have the time and patience to wait, the WM9 is out the box the best submariner going. the 16610 M model is in the final stages of production, and should begin shipping in the early spring. Lots of folks on the forum have pre-ordered this watch. One of the nice things about the WM9 watches are they will accept genuine parts, i.e. Crown/tube, crystal, dial. bezel/insert and are a basis for building a really beautiful accurate sub. I have had a couple of WM9's watches several years ago, and with some mods, the watch will fool anyone. most watchmakers would have to open the case and look at the movement to tell it's a rep.

Again like some of the other members said, it all depends on how much you want to spend, how long you want to wait and what level of accuracy or should I say inaccuracy, you are willing to live with.

Just my dos centavos

Arthur

The pros above have said it all. For the best submariner it would be a Euromariner. This has been made by the MBK/MBW factories. For a nice good priced sub, go for a Noobmariner. These have been on the market for some time already and whatever flaws it had, has been already eradicated. You can PM me for any other questions.

This is a basic Noobmariner...from the Noob Factory, with some mods done to it.

Gen Swiss ETA 2836-2

Jewelry Outlet bezel insert modded and inset

Watch Material Pearl

BKs custom crown set

BKs date wheel overlay

Modded CGs

100_2257.jpg

Flatonback.jpg

100_2291.jpg

100_2292.jpg

Then I took the works out of the Noob and put them into a new MBK 16610 case set from Eurotimez. Essentially it is a Euromariner.

100_2305.jpg

100_2306.jpg

100_2303.jpg

The Noob has a shallower rehaut than gen. It also does not have bezel teeth that are long enough and they turn down at too sharp of an angle. The MBK case set fixed those two things. Still need to work on CGs. Noob bracelet fits the MBK case better than it fit the Noob case. I plan to get a gen insert and pearl...also gen crown and tube.

Edited by preacher62

well, what should i say. thank you guys a lot for giving a bloody noob your great knowlege. as i'm a student so i don't have the big money, i think the noobmariner from eurotimez with a gen ETA movement would be a nice piece to start with. the wm9 is on my list, of course. but for the beginning, i'll pick a cheaper one. modding isn't a big thing to me at the moment. first, i don't have the knowlege, second, i don't have the tools (poor, i know).

but i think, every rep noob stars with the common ones and works himselfe up to the rar and best reps you can get.

@preacher: that's a very pretty one. you did a great job. bit, don't be angry, as a noob that i be, i can only imagine what has changed. see, i don't have the eye for such tiny details...but i'm willing to lern and i think, in a few month i can give your work the respect it deserves.

so, the noobmariner will be ordered...but sadly, the eurotimez.com hp isn't available :(. let's see, when they're back.

again, thanks guys for all of your answers. it's a great community here.

€dit: aahhh...forgot a question. when i order my noobmariner with the gen ETA, which is the difference between the F and the M serial? on ET you can choose between 'em, and i don't know what seperates them from each other.

Edited by Stormfather

well, what should i say. thank you guys a lot for giving a bloody noob your great knowlege. as i'm a student so i don't have the big money, i think the noobmariner from eurotimez with a gen ETA movement would be a nice piece to start with. the wm9 is on my list, of course. but for the beginning, i'll pick a cheaper one. modding isn't a big thing to me at the moment. first, i don't have the knowlege, second, i don't have the tools (poor, i know).

but i think, every rep noob stars with the common ones and works himselfe up to the rar and best reps you can get.

@preacher: that's a very pretty one. you did a great job. bit, don't be angry, as a noob that i be, i can only imagine what has changed. see, i don't have the eye for such tiny details...but i'm willing to lern and i think, in a few month i can give your work the respect it deserves.

so, the noobmariner will be ordered...but sadly, the eurotimez.com hp isn't available :(. let's see, when they're back.

again, thanks guys for all of your answers. it's a great community here.

€dit: aahhh...forgot a question. when i order my noobmariner with the gen ETA, which is the difference between the F and the M serial? on ET you can choose between 'em, and i don't know what seperates them from each other.

Congrats on the purchase, just thought I'd share an old thread with you for more info on the euromariner.

Post pics when you get it!

Here's a pic of my euro while you wait for your sub. :)

73741289.jpg

Edited by CharlieUK
  • Like 1

I would opt for the F with no rehault engraving. I haven't been a fan of the Rolex Rolex Rolex around the ring. I think it makes and already "busy" dial even busier. Also as was mentioned above the engraving is a dead givaway. It seems that no one has been able to get the engraving correct where the R in Rolex falls right on the 3 and 9. Its a font/spacing issue, but it seems pretty difficult for the rep manufacturers to get it right.

I think you are heading in the right direction, start with something less expensive and work up from there.

Good luck

Arthur

I agree with Panerai153. I don't even like the rehaut engraving on the gens. Just looks ostentatious, or something...too much.

BTW...all the mods that I did to the Noob...just about anyone can do. The only two that it really needs is the insert and pearl. The others are just WIS stuff.

I bought mine from Eurotimez and recommend them as a trusted dealer. Neo can take care of you.

I will say that when I moved to the MBK case (also from Eurotimez), it made me realize what a great watch the Noobmariner is. Well made and well executed. You have made a great decision. (Made me a little sad to put the Noob case in the drawer.)

Again...post pics when you get it.

Mike

well...maybe i read more to get more into the whole modding theme. it seems to be real funto make the own rep unique. of course i will post pictures. i'll order the watch with the big case they got on their page. the noob should have a fine home right from the beginning^^

i didn't order any of them yet. i have to wait till next month to get new money. but i think, i'll give the noobmariner with the gen ETA and F series a try...the other one seems not to be as good as the noob...if i get the posts here right.

Storm,

I believe you will be happy with that one. Also, If you don't like it, they are pretty popular,and I believe can be moved along easily, without too much pain to the pocketbook.

Another thing that may happen, as the newer Rolex models with the bigger cases and rehault engraving are introduced, the older models will no longer be available from the dealers. They will be too new to be vintage, but too old to be the newest out. Some of the really good ones will be more desirable later on.This happens with the dealers, quite a few watches that were available in 2006 for instance are not available now, except as a used watch in the member sales forum.

Good Luck, you'r Hooked!!

Arthur

well, as i know now, the oversize case is 42mm...don't know why ET says 40mm. but, as you can read here, this version seems not to be that accurate.

but i still got a question by myselfe. as i wrote, i'm going to order the noobmariner with the gen ETA movement from ET. when it arrives (i guess not before january here in germany), how can i proof the ordered gen ETA is installed? i'm not going to say i don't trust chris, but it may happen, that someone makes a mistake, what's just human.