When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD V5. Am I being too picky?

mastrmindalliance

Hi, I have received this V5. It has the worst quality control of any rep I’ve ever purchased (including the bargain bin $29 specials at Silix).

I won’t wear this. The flaws are noticeable at a glance. How does it compare to yours?

I’ve asked ETZ to supply the watch as advertised, or to refund the money. Of which they will do neither, claiming they are all like this, that they can’t have it repaired and that it’s the factories fault...

They have offered a new bezel and $15 store cred. The reason I have trouble with that is that a new bezel will only fix the woeful painting and poor pearl alignment, and do nothing for the dial and gas ring problems.

The real kick in the teeth is that, this was supposed to make amends for an earlier buy from them. I had $45 credit for another dud watch they sent me – A submariner that cost me nearly $200 to fix so it would even tell the time.

Your opinions are sought.

Would you be happy if you received this from Eurotimez?

Of course I have many pics, but this is the one ETZ asked for and sums it up nicely:

DSSD-v5-crap.jpg

I would cry if my watch was like that! I am having serious doubts about my watch now...... I expect to see QC pictures any day now from ET. Crossing my fingers!!!

Hi Dan,

I am taking over your case. I have seen your new pics and you are correct in this matter.

I personally apologize on behalf of my team and if things weren't communicated to you in a satisfying manner.

You are correct I reviewed your new pics more carefully (as the one I initially saw was from an angle and was informed that it was abt the TEXT and the TEXT on the dial I coudln't exactly tell if it was cause of the angle that it seemed more exagorated) and I was focusing ONLY on the DIAL printing.

I believe and I have spoken to Helina about this (she is relatively new on the return_center) is that your case is totally valid.... the point is that there are quite a few cases which are NOT VALID at all or are clients own-doing, or others... that we have to differiate between.

This is not always easy, as we have clients dropping/damaging their watch and or modying it, and or simply bored of it and wanting a refund or deal or other crazy stuff like that.

In this case it is a clear misjudgement on the part of HELINA (who is in charge of the return DEPARTEMENT) as she asked me to check it out and see what i think. Well I have spoken to her and told her that this is should be handled differently.

So I am again truly sorry and I have spoken to Helina about it, that yours is def a valid case and should have it worked out in your benefit as soon as possible.

I have ordered that you should get a replacement ASAP. We can prepare one for you, if you give us some tracking to ship back to us. And or we can send you the nessescary parts to you to make it correct. Or e-mail us if you have a better suggestion.

Regarding the QC

I have also spoken to the QC department that this shouldn't have slipt and better checks... altho we are talking abt fraction of mm at times (on pictures everything is greatly greatly greatly enlarged). 100 of watches passes throu the QC which is done by human labour thru and with human limitations, meaning I have no idea why this has passed the QC and that is NOT according to our STANDARDS, but there could be many reasons, such as the person wasn't focused, tired, quite busy, alot of watches to QC, or after 9 of 10 the same watch had no problem, you tend to think the next one has no problem as well, it could be any of the reasons. I have made stupid mistakes like this in the past as well, when you get so focused into the details some-times you miss the very obvious ones... trust me.

In reality

Our QC have passes hundreds watches per months and a small per percentage falls thru the cracks due to human error. There ALOT of cases where we DO catch QC problems before shipping it off.

So nonetheless in my opinion it is still one of the best QC out there and your safest bet, and you get to validate it yourself before shipment.

So yes there are room for improvement and the QC control isn't done by robots, that is also why we POST PICTURE prior to shipping it off, it so the client can double check it and if there is something THEY believe not to be correct they can ASK us about it... as we will AWAIT your APPROVAL before shipping it off.

So in this case in all fairness you were given the pics prior to departure however no mention was made of the points from your side (altho I take full responsiblity) so it could have been solved before it arrived. However what happened happened and it should be corrected via our return departement and orders have been given to send you a new replacement, or other alternatives in your benifit.

I believe tho that we have a very secure QC as we at have some QC (done by QC departement 1st round), and then we take pics just in case anything was missed by our QC (so 2nd round of QC), we will await your approval (QC 3rd round) if yes we ship it off.

With human error still room for improvement. Nonetheless it is pretty solid, and better than this I believe is hard if AT ALL to get anywhere else.

In specif regarding your case.

There was a misunderstanding abt two different cases and yours got prob a bit mixed up. One where client were claiming the printing of the TEXT on the dial (dial text were or looked off) but in reality it is camera angles. I received one picture from you and from a different case. The other case was unvalid and from camera-angles and told Helina so, as I made the grid-lining straight on several random pictures, by simply rotating them and draw straight lines.

I hope we can work this out in a satsifying manner, if you do have Question send me a PM directly or better to send it to helina she will forward it to me.

So let me end this post with again with my apology as owner and ulitmate responsible for the complete Eurotimez Business.

This case it should have been handled differently and I hope , We at ET (eurotimez), truly want more than SATISFIED CUSTOMERS and are sincere in getting you the best.

Warm regards to you Dan, (please e-mail helina if more Q)

Chris

Edited by EuroTimez

Thats a good resolution and explanation for this, and hopefully will resolve Dans concerns, good luck.

It does highlight the value of this forum to allow issues like this to be openly aired as proved many times before by the speedy resolutions of the issues.

I applaud ET for their response.

I do however await my DSSD with some trepidation given my QC issues which have been discussed elsewhere.

I do feel however that ET need to be careful that this QC issue with the DSSD doesnt snowball as there are quite a few issues that have arisen with the quality recently on this forum which seem to be being ignored.

Guest techlogik

1) Slanted print STILL on the dial. I emailed them about this a month ago, they acknowledged it, acted like it was no big deal.

2) Bezel is a complete disaster. Pearl not set properly in the middle, marking, paint, everything about it is crap. Eurotimez, listen up. I specially ordered a bezel insert from you...if it comes looking like this, I am going to go off!!!!

3) Markers are all crooked.

4) Ring system is turned way counterclockwise. The Escape, the long part of the E should be right over the 12 marker. Funny thing is Daytona4me at RWI is selling his watch on a special until he runs out of them, it looks like the same watch as this, for $220. I mean, from the turned inner ring, the slanted print...etc...I even pointed it out on his thread on RWI...nobody cares...stupid buyers. This is why Eurotimez keeps pumping this Sh&t out to people, nobody is concerned about what is even supposed to be close.

Makes you wonder for $370 what you get from Eurotimez if Daytona4me is selling the same exact DSSD piece of crap at cost of $220. ETZ is supposed to do QC and all that crap, plus making a huge profit on this piece of garbage.

I am surprised that after the whole debacle a few months ago Eurotimez and your long apology and letter to customers that you turned your act around. Apparently not. Once again you are on the forum pointing out the obvious that need not be pointed out to us.

Unbelievable.....do yourself a favor TS....have them refund your money! I have been screaming/preaching on every DSSD thread that Eurotimez V5 is the best when QC right, BUT the SLANTED DIAL PRINT is still there, SO AVOID THEIR VERSION. Go elsewhere...there are better versions for the same money, and you won't get hosed and nonsense like this.

Hi Dan, I want to give you my personal apology..

As Chris already clarified to me your complaints are valid and the responsibility of your issues lies with us - the responsibility for solving them for you lies with me, but in your case I made a severe miss-judgment and did not provide the after sales service that you deserve and that is in line with what Eurotimez stands for. I sincerely apologize for the way I handled your case..

As I am pretty new to this job I was uncertain how to solve your issues so I did contact Chris about it but in our discussion we were (as he also explains in his post) mixing up two cases and I misunderstood him, while he was focusing on the text of the dial I thought he was telling me about markers.. The solution I provided you was based on my misunderstanding and in my correspondence with you I also provided you wrong information stating that the dials all came the same, although that is definitely not the case - yours had flaws that should have been picked up and could have been corrected!

Once again I apologize for my poor service, all I can do now is try to correct it and learn from my own mistakes; so please contact me about if you prefer a replacement or new parts being shipped off to you!

Helina

That watch is horrible!! Period, no excuses, no explanations. It should have never made it past the most rudimentary QC. There are el cheapo versions that are better than this one.

If you opt for a replacement, I would stipulate,as they have offered, that they send high quality jpeg. Email images that you can look at on your computer and decide. I would insist on a face on view, with the watch 100% sguare to the camera, no slight angles up, down side to side, straight!! That is the only way that you can tell whether or not it's off.Other option would be a refund. Sending you the correct parts to fix a defect shouldn't even be and option to them. All that does is shift the problem to you. If you are not someone who is comfortable disassembling watches and replacing parts, you will have to incur the added expense of sending it off to someone and spend more money making it into something that it should have been from the beginning. This would be my case. I can adjust bracelets, take off bracelets,etc. but don't have the knowledge, tools or time to work on the "innards". If I send one off, it would be to fix specific problems, such as poor lume, or to have the movement cleaned and regulated or replace rep parts with genuine.

I have one on the way, should be in almost any day now and It will be very carefully scrutinized, I assure you, as mine had some bezel alignment problems that were fixed before shipping.

I realize that Eurotimez is shipping huindreds of watches a month, and QC is a constant problem, until and unless the QC personnel are trained to spot problems before they get to the customer. If a watch gets caught in QC and is corrected or replaced before shippng, it's a QC problem solved with the customer never involved. If it gets shipped out, now the QC problem has grown to a QC as well as a customer relations and credibility problem. I believe that unfortunately, Eurotimez is rapidly approaching the point where their QC problems are morphing into Credibility issues with members of the forum.That's too bad, because I believe that by and large they are trying to produce quality products.What they need to learn however, is folks are really not interested in excuses and platitudes, they simply want what they bought and were promised it would be.

Just my dos centavos

Arthur

Excellent, a satisfactory resolution.

Thank-you Chris. As asked throughout your web-site and correspondence I took this up via your preferred actions first; sending emails. I sent multiple emails with pictures and polite requests to no avail before posting here. It’s good to see that the forums got me the only requisite solution.

Thanks RWG!

Happily today is my day off, so I will organise the package to return.

About QC, yes it was an oversight on my behalf not seeing the gas ring text alignment, but to be fair, you disclaim against apparent crookedness in the QC pics, stating viewing angle may make things appear crooked. This was taken into concern when I was viewing them, in fact I stared at that bezel marker for 15 minutes, ultimately deciding it must be the angle as you mentioned, it’s true that because of the assured QC you feel – “no it couldn’t be, must be the angle of the pic”…

To the others who are awaiting theirs: Don’t be like me and rush to approve you’re your pics just because you’ve been waiting 5 weeks. I don't know for sure, but perhaps if I had seen the gas ring alignment, I would have gotten a better watch in first place.

Thanks everyone for chiming in, I feel I wouldn’t have gotten any satisfactory solution without you!

Cheers, Dan.

:)

Excellent, a satisfactory resolution.

Thank-you Chris. As asked throughout your web-site and correspondence I took this up via your preferred actions first; sending emails. I sent multiple emails with pictures and polite requests to no avail before posting here. It

We are constantly trying to improve our QC as that is one of our most important services, it is as proved in this matter not waterproof but discovering a leak at least gives us the opportunity of tighten it up better. There are explanations to how this can have happened but definitely NO EXCUSES. In this case all we can do is mend up the mess by giving Dan a better replacement and discuss all of this with the QC department, as Chris already have, to avoid anyone else getting affected.

Dan has always been patient and helpful in our correspondence still I offered him very lousy solution because of my misunderstandings regarding the dial. I am glad that we have solved it now and that we can supply him a better one.

@ Fer: This solution was offered because of my misjudgment, it should of course be shipped back and be replaced. We will of course always try to avoid returns but they should be avoided by GOOD QC before shipping NOT by handing over responsibility to the customer!

Dan,

Glad to see that this issue was resolved for you. I also had an order that had some QC issues that Chris more then resolved for me so I don't have any fears that he will make ammends for you on this one. Quick run down on my experience:

I ordered an MBW case from Chris about 6 months ago. Took about 4 weeks before it was ready but he sent me some pictures before shipping. Case arrived and I began modding it full out. Springbar holes, crownguards, new crown tube and crown. When I installed the movement and went to close it up that was when I noticed the BIG issue. The case was bent. Not slightly but to the point that the caseback wouldn't screw down all the way. I didn't notice this when I removed it as it wasn't on tight but when I tried to tighten it up, nothing. So I started looking at it closer thinking it was the caseback. That was when I noticed the "stress" lines in the case in line with the crown tube hole on both sides. I hadn't installed the new crystal yet so I looked closer at that side and that was when I noticed that the crstal retainer wasn't sitting flush on the case. I contacted Eurotimez about it and proceeded to "flatten" the case in a press. It flattened it out but in the process more then likely stressed the issue even more.

The case got bumped up to chris and I explained to him what was wrong with the case and the mods that I did. He asked for some pictures which I provided and he said he'd take care of the issue. After I returned from a China business trip I had a brand new case waiting for me and Chris told me to not worry about sending back the old case.

Great service once he was personally made aware of the issue. So no fears in my mind of a good resolution for you.

Can you guys have a look at order #970 at ET site.. I think the ringlock is off... the K in lock is not centered with the 6 marker.... That`s the only thing I can see that is at fault with it.

Give me your feedback pls :) Thanks guys

Hi,

Send a mail of disapproval to picture department PICS.EUROTIMEZ@GMAIL.COM and explain what you want to have fixed and specify if you want new pictures taken afterward!

Keep in mind that the order will be delayed if there are flaws to be corrected and new pictures to be taken, so please stay patient in order to get the best quality possible :)

Helina. I am always patient when it comes to getting a good product :) It is good you have pictures we have to have a look at before you ship items out...

I will rather wait to get a good watch than be impatient and get a flawed watch.