When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Quick! Vote on a xmas watch for my fiance (poll)

P4GTR

Choose Wisely  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like best... for my fiance!

I'm pretty sure I like the black one, but I need your help, and I need it fast. I asked Reg to hold the black one until tomorrow. If you want to play devils advocate do it now, or support my decision.

TAG Link Ladies models. Which one?

She seemed to like the pink MOP gen in person, but i'm not sure it looks the same as a rep, nor that it will bring long term likability. It's my least favorite.

About Michelle... She is not an overly girly girly ad nauseam. The black would also match the 2010 CX-7 Turbo she drives. :thumbsupsmileyanim: ... Alas, the white would match the '08 3.5 Nissan Coupe (I'm a car nut if you can't tell.)

Ok, on to the meat of it eh?

The black one. The likely winner. Simple to match with any outfit. Nice and clean looking. Classic. It matches my gen, so we could have "matching Tags". But do girls even like black dial chrome watches?

SDC10132.jpg

TAG%20L%20901004a.JPG

The runner up.. White dial. Clean and classic yet again. More feminine. But, white dials notoriously lose interest for me. She expressed no interest in this one although she may have never seen it, ever! Girls would like this watch.

TAG%20L%20901001a.JPG

The long shot.. some other versions... If you select this poll option, please post some banter about why/what you like. No Rolex, please.

This.. thing. It's pink. Its pastel. Extra points against my best judgement, but i'm a car guy that likes tool watches and shes a girl that likes sweet sentiment and tasteful home decor.

TAG%20L%20901002a.JPG

TAG%20L%2090501a.JPG

TAG%20L%20901003a.JPG

Pics courtesy of Reg, who will be my go-to for these. He's been outstanding to work with and I am confident about my expectations being met. While I sit and wait for replacement parts for watches that have arrived broken/missing screws from other trusted dealers, Reg has been providing great value and service for watch and pens.

PS- these appear to be the so called "1:1 made from/accept gen parts" versions. Does anyone disagree?

I bought that exact watch (Link Ladies, from Reg no less) in Mother Of Pearl for my lady for our 1 year just a few weeks ago. So my vote is for the MOP dial, it really looks great in person. Even better; shes not a watch person...i will corrupt her yet! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by LapTime

Black.

I purchased a Gucci for my wife that is gold and black and both of us really like the look. Black is easier to read off, so no squinting which means money saved on Botox later on. Diamonds on a watch: No no no no no. Diamonds in a ring: good. Whenever I see diamonds on a watch, I think either cheesy, fake, or prissy. As far as the pearl goes, it's unique, but something that would grow tiring for me after a while. JMHO. :huh:

I got the white MOP Aquaracer with diamond numbers and bezel for my mam earlier in the year, got it off Reg and it's perfect!!

She totally loves it, she is a a diamond nut so loved all the shinies on it, but totally loves the dial!!

Best tihng about MOP, it never looks the same way twice!! It has hints of blue, pink, white. It's the perfect dial for those who can't make up their mind!!

My sister has the gen pink MOP Aquaracer with Diamonds, Regs is SO good, you need to really know diamonds to make a tell on it!!

Less common that the Link too!

Sixx :bones:

Every girl I have been serious with has received a Rolex Masterpiece with the white MOP dial. The MOP is versatile enough to go with any outfit. Even though you say she isn't a "girly girl" don't let that fool you. She will think about which outfits the watch will match. I say go for MOP.

And I do think the pink dial will lose its' novelty over time.

There is no clear winner here. When I posted this, I was locked on the Black. Now as I write this, I am locked on the white.

You all make very good points, and I suspect there never will be a clear winner. However, just knowing you guys have given these the thumbs up means there really is no bad choice.

Thanks for replying and playing along.

I'm waiting to hear from Reg, on the white one. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

White. It's more feminine, classic and will coordinate with more outfits.

That was my thought too. The black dial looks out of place, IMO. The watch is very shiny (everything is polished), so I think a black dial with white diamond markers & bezel just looks odd.

But thats just me. :pardon:

I'm still for the MOP dial, because it really changes character depending on the angle. I can try and snap some pics if you still want.

That was my thought too. The black dial looks out of place, IMO. The watch is very shiny (everything is polished), so I think a black dial with white diamond markers & bezel just looks odd.

But thats just me. :pardon:

I'm still for the MOP dial, because it really changes character depending on the angle. I can try and snap some pics if you still want.

Would you mind? I haven't heard from Reg and for whatever reason the white one has vanished from his site.

Would you mind? I haven't heard from Reg and for whatever reason the white one has vanished from his site.

Here ya go, some quick 'n dirties. My photog skills suck at best, but it gives you a decent idea. The dial really makes this watch, the MOP just pops in certain lights.

post-20781-125998244808_thumb.jpg

post-20781-125998245674_thumb.jpg

post-20781-125998246316_thumb.jpg

post-20781-125998246707_thumb.jpg

post-20781-125998247055_thumb.jpg

post-20781-125998247523_thumb.jpg