When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Sub Project - Finally Finished

Slartibartfast

After several attempts at this, I have finally finished my

Tudor Sub project. I have 'created' a dial using my water slide decal technique, which

if you haven't seen you can read up on by clicking the link in my sig.

I ran up two of these, Teejay has the other.

DSCF6217.jpg

I wanted to change a sub that I bought from Trusty some time ago, into something a little more wearable.

It is a fairly good model, with an ETA heart. OK the rehaut isn't so good, neither are the CG's

but it was worth 'customising'. I very rarely wore this in its Rolex guise, but now cannot keep it

off my wrist.

DSCF6210.jpg

This is based around a Tudor 79190 sub, which I think is very pleasing to the eye.

OK the case should have lug holes, but hey, one day!

I lumed the dial using a mix of Revell Night Color, and white acrylic paint.

I need to lume the hands now, as they are too much of a different colour from the dial lume.

DSCF6226.jpg

I have also fitted this with one of my silver flat top three datewheels, again made from

a decal printed on a laserjet. Although not accurate for this Tudor model, it adds a

certain something to the look of the model, which I think is very pleasing. Cannot seem to photograph this though,

too much reflection!

All in all I am very pleased with the outcome. What do ya' reckon?

very nice! Quite an ambitious feat, making dials. Great outcome. Both you and TJ need to work on those cg's a little bit, and get some snowflake hands! Then oooooh my :shock:

No snowflake hands needed for this model, as it had the mercedes hands :) But I do need to get some snowflake hands for Project Snowflake :lol:

Wow, you and TeeJay are becoming what this hobby needs more of, innovative ways of having fun and creating great projects. Its all well and good to have immense amounts of cash to throw at a project, but its great to see what can be done with some work and out of the box thinking. Congrats on the Tudor guys, they are first rate. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Cheers B)

Thanks for the positive comments, guys! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Once I relume the hands to match the dial colour, I think it will improve some more.

I did relume a set of hands with the Night Color, and the results were very satisfactory, I just never got round to installing them :whistling:

Wow, you and TeeJay are becoming what this hobby needs more of, innovative ways of having fun and creating great projects. Its all well and good to have immense amounts of cash to throw at a project, but its great to see what can be done with some work and out of the box thinking. Congrats on the Tudor guys, they are first rate. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Cheers B)

I can't take any of the credit, I've just been lucky enough to have received such generous gifts, and I thoroughly enjoy wearing them :) Thanks again, R, it is all very much appreciated :drinks: