When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wo-mart

dadog13

oh man...these prices that WO-MART - ASPIRE - Paul gives us are so tempting....just saw the 187 being offered for 219$...thinking I payed for it more than 400$ (with WU & custom taxes) gives me a headache....

looking at pics he posted of the 187 it is clearly seen that those are pics of the honpo's 1st ed of the 187 and not the 2nd ed offered by all of our dealers...

lately I've been reading about Paul's (let us call it so) services...that he improved his deliveries...both in terms & quality...

I've been seriously thinking about ordering from him...and I think my next order will be like a test...and if it will be like from our trusted dealers, I think that Aspire will get a lot of orders from me...

what do you guys think?...i know that some of us have their own trusted dealers...but are you tempted as I am?

Edited by dadog13

I agree I've been tempted by the prices, but after I calculate a hefty WU charge the difference between him and other dealers is sometimes only $40-$50. Now fifty bucks is fifty bucks, but I'm skeptical on what you'll actually receive. That 187 looks like it really has AR coating, which the Honpo had, I doubt you'll receive that watch, but more like what everyone else has. No argument that the price is nice, but not getting what is pictured bothers me. I've also heard of a similar occurence with a yacht-master.

I'll pay a few bucks more for the pre-sale communication and after sale service that I get with my dealer(s). Just my opinion.

Just shop carefully. Paul/Chris is a good dealer and delivers what you buy quickly and in good faith but, (and this is not personal experience, just what I read and hear), if you have problems with a watch, the policy is kind of "it was working when I sent it to you". I believe refunds are not an option but exchanges within stated times or for warranted reasons are accepted.

Just inspect the photos carefully. I was about to buy a VC Overseas from him until I did a side by side camparison with Joshua's VC and noticed Pauls was the older more flawed version.

Just got an LV from Paul. Transaction went ok. 1 1/2 weeks from payment to delivery, and the price was great. $119 delivered with DHL. Moneybookers.

Only problem is that the bracelet is filled with rust. Lots of rusty spots all over it. Other than that, it feels as good as my other Sub from Homer. Good quality feel to it.

Paul hasn't responded to my mails yet. I'll give him a few more days.

Just got an LV from Paul. Transaction went ok. 1 1/2 weeks from payment to delivery, and the price was great. $119 delivered with DHL. Moneybookers.

Only problem is that the bracelet is filled with rust. Lots of rusty spots all over it. Other than that, it feels as good as my other Sub from Homer. Good quality feel to it.

Paul hasn't responded to my mails yet. I'll give him a few more days.

My friend, a rusty bracelet is anything but an OK transaction. Rust stains or actual rust on the bracelet? This is supposed to be 316 grade stainless. For me, regardless of how smooth the money transaction went and how quicklly it was delivered, a rust tainted watch is simply unacceptable. if the bracelet is rusted, how do you know other parts of the watch haven't been compromised by moisture?

My friend, a rusty bracelet is anything but an OK transaction. Rust stains or actual rust on the bracelet? This is supposed to be 316 grade stainless. For me, regardless of how smooth the money transaction went and how quicklly it was delivered, a rust tainted watch is simply unacceptable. if the bracelet is rusted, how do you know other parts of the watch haven't been compromised by moisture?

Exactly my point of being wary of the lower price. In life I've learned you get what you pay for. Now hopefully you'll be able to establish some communication with Paul/Chris/whoever to resolve the problem.

Sorry, language barrier :-)

What I meant with transaction was that the payment and shipping/receiving the watch went smoothly. Of course I am not happy with rust on the watch. This is why I have been trying to get in touch with Paul.

Regards

I've had very good results with Paul in the last couple of months. I used bank wire transfer which costs me $12 here in US. The watches are fine and I especially like the 5513 with the explorer dial- big lugs holes, 38.5 mm case, nice dial w/ light yellow lume, hollow mid link bracelet. I modded the cg's and waterproofed it. I also got a dial from Paul w/ the last order to fix another watch- $8.00. That's a great price and great customer service- most dealers don't even want to fool w/ something like that. I'd order from him again in a heartbeat, but I need another watch like a hole in the head right now!

i know ... this week i have been pricing a pam 049, asian 7750 for my wife and it is $100.00 cheaper on his site compared to the rest of our dealers? that makes me want to go for it but at the same time makes me skeptical that i might receive an asian 21j or something? anyone ordered this watch from him? thanks in advance.

i know ... this week i have been pricing a pam 049, asian 7750 for my wife and it is $100.00 cheaper on his site compared to the rest of our dealers? that makes me want to go for it but at the same time makes me skeptical that i might receive an asian 21j or something? anyone ordered this watch from him? thanks in advance.

My brother actually ordered a 45mm PO from him. His order went well, there was some kind of delay on Paul's end, but he sent my brother a Mont Blanc pen as a consolation prize (nice jesture). Email communication was practically non-exsistant. So if you're used to Andrew or Josh, you'll be scared. The watch he got was just before the 45mm was re-done to have 22mm lugs and no-AR on the glass, but overall looked as well made as my 42mm 4th Gen from Andrew. I think he opened up the back to verify that it was ETA, but I don't remember. Anyway he was happy, but WU for us in NJ is pretty steep, making the savings only marginal. If Paul accepted Paypal, well that might be another story. But I just choose to stick with what works. I've gotten a few clunkers during this hobby and hey that happens from time to time. I just like knowing that I can communcate with someone and the problem should they arrive can be worked out.

For example recently placed a 3 watch order with Josh (while waiting for my 187 to come back repaired) I only received the 187 and two watches. No biggie, emailed Josh, told him what happened, we chatted for a while and missing watch sent out yesterday. Done, satisfied and worth the few extra bucks. Not saying Paul wouldn't make good, but I do know he doesn't respond to emails and not sure how he is when there is no money attached to the email.

you're right ... well i guess he's out. i believe western union in the bahamas is very expensive as well. thanks for the info steve g!

No problems Mon :D I've looked for every reason to "try" and order from Paul, but everytime just end up back to my favorites.

You might want to check the WU fees, from what I've heard it varies. Some people in the US may only pay $10, although it does vary on the dollar amount your sending.

You might want to check the WU fees, from what I've heard it varies. Some people in the US may only pay $10, although it does vary on the dollar amount your sending.

But why are there so few people in the US using Moneybookers as an alternative ? :blink:

It looks to be as easy as Paypal (excepted the security for buyers , maybe ?

Any comments are welcome !

Xel

Edited by xelorrolex