When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DeepGMT. Say what?

thogaa

Leave it to Tony to find something like this! I really like that black center link band but I think the watch would have been better off if the engraving was left off the back...

Hey now...I like it...

lol... Think about it. GMT is multi-directional bezel, which if utilized on a dive watch could kill a diver. Neither function of either tool watch (GMT or Diving) have anything to do with each other unless a pilot is skydiving out of planes in the marianas trench then taking an F16 at full thrust to another time zone and ejecting for dive #2. With all the gear to be considered, not changing the time of your watch is hardly something that stands out as a luxury function at this point.

Its just fantasy poserish to me. Not to say it doesnt look cool. I get that. But you should know better since your a WIS, tech!

lol... Think about it. GMT is multi-directional bezel, which if utilized on a dive watch could kill a diver. Neither function of either tool watch (GMT or Diving) have anything to do with each other unless a pilot is skydiving out of planes in the marianas trench then taking an F16 at full thrust to another time zone and ejecting for dive #2. With all the gear to be considered, not changing the time of your watch is hardly something that stands out as a luxury function at this point.

Its just fantasy poserish to me. Not to say it doesnt look cool. I get that. But you should know better since your a WIS, tech!

Haha, I think you just wrote an outline to the script of the next James Bond movie. You also actually gave Q the ultimate toolwatch to suit up Mr. Bond with. I love it :thumbsupsmileyanim::clapping:

On budget reps, the GMT bezel is not bi-directional, so it would still be safe :lol: That's certainly the plan I'm going for with my 'long-term project' :whistling::bangin:

unless a pilot is skydiving out of planes in the marianas trench then taking an F16 at full thrust to another time zone and ejecting for dive #2.

When you say it it sounds like a bad thing. :winkiss:

This is a deja vu post for me, and T'J. We've discussed the merits of a Dive/GMT watch before. I'd love to have one, but this piece is a bit over the top, even for this Rolex lover. Not that you could or would find circumstances to merit both functions in a scenario, a lot of 'pro' divers, especially underwater engineers, live the lives of mercenaries traveling the globe to where the next job is. Why juggle watches? I think the tag line of our convo was ;

Right, like Jacques-Yves Cousteau never crossed an international dateline.........and didn't have to check in at home.................

Haha, I think you just wrote an outline to the script of the next James Bond movie. You also actually gave Q the ultimate toolwatch to suit up Mr. Bond with. I love it :thumbsupsmileyanim::clapping:

You guys are extreme. I rode my mountain bike on the trails last sunday and puked after like 10 miles of trails. Gotta get back on it again, i've lost my stamina.

I wonder what puking at 4,000ft down would be like. That rigorous dive. Face it, only 007 could pull this off and not upchuck chum his way into the loving grin of a shark, leaving an arm husk with a shiny dual time zone death watch to show for it... At the bottom of the Marianas trench of course.

Could make for a great James Cameron flick. The "Heart of the Ocean" wouldn't be a ruby necklace though, and would now come equipped with a flatulent valve and kung-fu grip.

Even dems can't surpass my whimsy after a few toxic liquid sanctuaries! Dare I say. :huh: Pour one up and lets see. Start a new thread though, this has gone way off track since fakey started running on and on in his long winded typical fashion. Post [censored].

This is a deja vu post for me, and T'J. We've discussed the merits of a Dive/GMT watch before. I'd love to have one, but this piece is a bit over the top, even for this Rolex lover. Not that you could or would find circumstances to merit both functions in a scenario, a lot of 'pro' divers, especially underwater engineers, live the lives of mercenaries traveling the globe to where the next job is. Why juggle watches? I think the tag line of our convo was ;

Right, like Jacques-Yves Cousteau never crossed an international dateline.........and didn't have to check in at home.................

Absolutely, good times indeed :) The project is still going ahead, although I've made a few mental tweaks to the plan to compensate for parts mis-matching, and also unified the design from a jumble of vintage and modern parts, to 100% modern. I might well build a 100% vintage version as well, in time, but I really want to get the modern one out of the way first, it's been in planning for over a year now :lol::bangin:

That picture was from Jewelryandwatch.com (Phong's site). I really do not know if there was such an animal or if this is pure fantasy. I seem to remember seeing a picture of the same watch with a 1655 type of 24hr hand (large orange and white), but I never saved the picture and cannot find it again. These Tudors' were made as prototypes in the the early '80s for the U.S. Navy, there is more info on the "Rolex blog spot".

Cheers B)

That picture was from Jewelryandwatch.com (Phong's site). I really do not know if there was such an animal or if this is pure fantasy. I seem to remember seeing a picture of the same watch with a 1655 type of 24hr hand (large orange and white), but I never saved the picture and cannot find it again. These Tudors' were made as prototypes in the the early '80s for the U.S. Navy, there is more info on the "Rolex blog spot".

Cheers B)

I'll have to have a look and see what I can see :) I'm not 100% sure of all the facts, but from what I can gather, there were only two of these as 'genuine watches', with all the others being reps, but I love the styling of the case, as it's such a departure from the traditional Submariner, but still clearly recognizable as Rolex/Tudor lineage :)