When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vote for your Member and Rookie of 2009

lanikai

Voting for 2009  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your member and Rookie of 2009

• TJ
    • Toadtorrent
    • Chronoluzz~nominated self :)
    • Starbartfast
    • Gioarmani
    • Nikkisixx
    • Wheaton
    • hackR
    • HikeUSA
    • Pizzano
  2. 2. Rookie of 2009

3. 3. Crusty Ole Vet 2009

Wow folks...I'm truly honoured. We all know that the true members of the year are all the folks that took themselves out of the running.

Lani? 'nuff said...what you do to keep this board alive, remind us of paying it forward, and your generosity in time, prizes, time, encouragement and upholding of a level of decorum and class that is an unfortunate rare breed these days.

Mod team? Best around...to keep this board on track, keeping the loonies out, and keeping the spammers squished. Kudos...you are the true foundation for this place.

Admin? T...your dedication to the board is awesome...your professionalism...everything.

AND...all the other members which are too many to name and list. Lots of friends have been made here...which is not something I was expecting and very blessed to have.

I've always said this place is the best watch forum around...and possible the best forum around outside of something that can't be when the kids are in the same room.

As much as I don't really feel I need any recognition for doing something I enjoy, getting recognition like this was an awesome lesson for my kids to show why it's important to find a community they can take ownership in and to participate in that community...as the effort we make doing things we love can be helpful to other folks.

I'm definitely humbled here...given the world class folks here.

Thanks all...and let's look forward to a rockin' 2010!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally my super competitive nature, would have me lodging a protest with the judges over "voting irregularities" or some other such nonsense; however to be beaten into 2nd place, by none other than "Dems", for the title of Crusty, is in fact a supreme honour.

Congrats to all the winners, and specifically to Demsey, wear the title well, and with distinction.

(Whew, escaped the "ole" and "vet" tags once againwhistling.gif)

Offshore

It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything.

Joseph Stalin

Congrats to all the Winners!!! What a deserving Bunch! :1a::1a::1a:

:drinks::drinks::drinks:

congrats everyone !

i'm sure i'd have won if my nickname was spelled correctly ... or if i had remembered to vote for myself :D

:rofl:

My vote would of gone to you if I had voted.. but as I said.. everyone deserved the award.. it is what makes this community so great..

member and rookie of the year was intended for the community to recognize All the members whom have contributed..and thus for the community to support these gents.. as this is what RWG is all about

I nominated MOP.. although I don't believe he has ever bought a rep or posted an original review.. he does participate vicariously through the community. :lol:

We haven't anointed anyone better than the rest with this award..what we did bring out is the fact that we all are responsible for what goes on here.. weather you post reviews, or just say "thank you for your time" it is all "action" based.

Participation and support are the key factors... if you get info from the time spent by members posting.. a simple "thank you" is worth a thousand words.. it's fine to lurk.. but to be a part of this community.. don't be shy.. with Noob questions as well as posting an acknowledgment ..

As Ubi exemplifies "unconditional" giving to the community.. by his actions .. and actions being the key to RWG.. discussion is one thing .. to take action is another..

So, as I know these awards will not get to anyone's head nor ego :rolleyes: .. we are moving forward into 2010.. with Humility and Support for one another .. especially for the Noobs.. they are our future..

And that is why this thread is here.. for that is all that needs posting in the end.

AC/Lani