When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

jewelryandwatch.com

mjmj

I bought my Tudor 7032 from Phong.. they are based in Arizona.. payment by WU or MG.. but you have to split up the payments since Arizona MG has a limit on the money one person can receive.. if the payment is 1600 for example you have to split it up to 3 or 4 payments .. if I remember correctly.. they are ligit..

the NDT cases will accept genuine parts.

if you live in conus it's better to call him.. he's a character fo sure..

AC/Lani

Yes, Phong is expensive, but fine. Like NDTradingcorp.com, both are expensive, but sometimes you can't find the stuff anywhere else. Now days www.yukiwatch.com is a third less expensive alternative, but they don't have some of the stuff J&W and NDT have. I've bought from all three with good results.

I ordered a Gen 1570 movement from Phong for a 1665 project and it was fine. He seems to be involved with servicing Gen Rolex's as well as the replacement parts business.Makes we wonder how many so called 100% vintage Gen watches are out there, and are the so called Vintage dealers using people like him to source impossible to find parts then age them to complete restorations.Especially when you think how much the early Subs and Explorers go for these days.

I ordered a Gen 1570 movement from Phong for a 1665 project and it was fine. He seems to be involved with servicing Gen Rolex's as well as the replacement parts business.Makes we wonder how many so called 100% vintage Gen watches are out there, and are the so called Vintage dealers using people like him to source impossible to find parts then age them to complete restorations.Especially when you think how much the early Subs and Explorers go for these days.

That's a good question, and I would bet the answer is it occurs more than we suspect. If you had a Red Sub for instance and it had a beat to Hell and back case, but internals, dial, hands, etc. were OK, what would prevent dropping everything into a replacement case that had been "Aged" and now you have a much better example. With the ability to engrave numbers, it can be made so that everything matches. I believe that the guy on Ebay that has been selling Red Subs for around 8-9K is doing exactly that, he just didn't do a good enough job of making the old and new parts blend together.And in actuality, what is the difference on doing this and sending a beat up vintage to Rolex and getting a new Bezel,dial,hands, everything but the case and movement.I believe the only difference is the disclosure. With a Rolex serviced watch all the changes will be noted in the service papers, they aren't trying to cover anything up or pass something off as "All original"

Arthur