When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Important Upgrade on your DSSD Ultimate A3135

thogaa

Today I discovered a new noise in my second DSSD A3135. A small lid covering the rotor screw it was this time. :cry2:

so here's IMPORTANT stuff for the happy owners of a A3135 powered watch:

See this little sucker here? :mellow:

dssdreview022.jpg

You have to decide to keep it in your watch or loose it. :rolleyes:

The screw holding it is probably not tightened and it is bound to come loose if you don't do anything and may potentially cause havoc in your movement :wounded1:

DSC05903_1.jpg

Step 2

REMOVE the little cap over the rotor retaining screw - clean off the glue holding it and make sure your rotor is fastened.

Then THROW THE LITTLE CAP AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN. :angry:

dssdreview022a.jpg

Grease the seals and screw the caseback on again tightened to exactly 1.00 DTTS (Duct Tape Torque Standard)

And you should be good to go :pardon:

Maybe I'm looking at it from a different perspective, but why would anyone choose this movement over an ETA? they won't fool anyone who has at least a rudimentary knowledge of Rolex movements.They are a crude attempt to fool people into thinking they have the real thing, no more, no less. It's hard to imagine a movement with a part glued in place! thogaa is the second person on this forum to report this "retainer clip" falling off. Someone a couple of weeks ago reported that their watch stopped and when they took the caseback off, this part fell out. I realize that even the best genuine movements break, and sometimes parts are not tightened properly, etc. but I can't think of a genuine movement that has parts stuck on that are just and accident waiting to happen.

I believe that If your trying to create a replica that fools people, i.e. the Red sub on Ebay that used a bunch of genuine parts, but was still recognized as a franken by folks here as well as the vintage Rolex Forum, you are doomed from the start. And if you are trying to do it with a DSSD with a clone 3135, you don't have a chance.

Just my dos centavos

Arthur

I performed this surgery on my GMTIIC a couple days ago and found this screw to be somewhat lacking in the "torque" department so it was just a matter of time... I removed the offending bits and feel much better. The big gripe is that I see no regulation lever, good thing it keeps pretty good time out of the box!

Guest techlogik

My keyless works was hosed from the start on mine, then the rotor/winding assembly just fell off the back when I took the movement out, no screws holding it on obviously.

So I sent it to have it fixed, they tell me that the entire keyless works needs to be swapped. ETA parts are going to be used to fix it, $80 worth.

On top of that, the stupid datewheel overlay fell off the datewheel!!!!

Anyone know where to source a datewheel/overlay that will work on a DSSD?

Gluing/attaching it back on might not work. I hear people putting overlays on all the time, but my modder says it isn't easy and might not work/hold.

Stupid reps!!!!

I've used 3M scrap-booking tape for the past year without incident. 3M makes great reliable adhesives. try that. I wouldnt pay $80 to fix that movement when you can find a perfectly functioning used one for the same price, GENUINE too. I found a used one that has currently kept -2.5 to +3secs for the past year.

• 1 month later...

My keyless works was hosed from the start on mine, then the rotor/winding assembly just fell off the back when I took the movement out, no screws holding it on obviously.

So I sent it to have it fixed, they tell me that the entire keyless works needs to be swapped. ETA parts are going to be used to fix it, $80 worth.

On top of that, the stupid datewheel overlay fell off the datewheel!!!!

Ouch .. since you were the #1 cheerleader on this board for the new Ultimates, I am especially sorry that the one you received was such a turd.

Don't EVER buy the Asian clone "Rolex style" movements, they are [censored], massively overpriced [censored] too :p

Stock Asian clones are better, and a hell of a lot cheaper, even Swiss ETA movements will cost about the same and be reliable....

Seriously, do not buy this "Rolex stlye" junk, all they offer is a huge profit margin for the dealers :thumbdown:

• 1 year later...